Jeremy Hunt: Everyone will have to pay more tax

Everyone will have to pay more tax under plans due to be announced on Thursday, Chancellor Jeremy Hunt says.

Offering a message few ministers would risk saying out loud, Mr Hunt told the BBC: “I’ve been explicit that taxes are going to go up.”

How many people will be saying what Miriam Margolyes wanted to say to him?!

It’s beyond me why people keep voting these imbeciles into power who care about no one other than themselves and their greedy friends. If politicians went after the despicable 1% who doge 11 TRILLION every year the rest of society wouldn’t have to be modern day slaves struggling to feed their families or heat their homes. Shame on (H)unt and the rest of his ilk! :021:

That’s interesting. The Conservative parties over here always claim that they are the party of low taxes and that taxes would always be lower under a Coalition government.

To get round this promise if they raise a temporary tax they call it a “Levy” and absolutely deny that it is a tax. For example Tony Abbott introduced the “Deficit Levy”. The budget deficit levy was introduced in Tony Abbott’s 2014 budget, imposing a 2% levy on personal income earned over $180,000. It was put in place for three years then removed.

Perhaps the Tories need to think along those lines?

BTW Miriam Margolyes lives about 30 kms from me

1 Like