Jeremy Corbyn tipped to launch 'new political party' ahead of General Election

I agree Omah. Before he spends the money, we need to know where it’s going to come from.
I do agree with the nationalisation of energy and transport. I’m all in favour of the UK actually owning the things that are essential.

1 Like

I too agree with the national action of things like the railways that should never have been privatised .

2 Likes

Will the delectable Diane Abbott be his Chancellor?

That doesn’t add up…Or at least, Diane doesn’t add up…
:thinking:

2 Likes

The whole point I think being no one looks electable to me at all party or leader

Sunak - middling but obvisouly worked by strings

Starmer = No thank you not sure of him at all.

Davey - had to look him up and would not recognise him in a bun fight.

Sad sad state of affairs.

4 Likes

He obviously stands no chance of getting elected

But he may get a few protest votes from people like me who think the Labour Party is moving too far to the right

And would like to see some re nationalisation of utilities, a freeze on the pension age rising indefinitely, the big multi companies and wealthy individuals made to pay more tax, a crack down on tax avoidance loopholes, and reassurances on workers rights now we’re not protected by EU laws

Yes, that might damage the Labour Party a bit, but he’s sort of the equivalent to the Reform Party is to the Tories on that

I think it’s good for the main parties to be challenged a bit, it keeps them aware of other opinions they might need to consider if they want to win votes, or at least not lose votes

1 Like

Jeremy Corbyn is good for mugs:

:wink:

2 Likes

Terrific… Looks like he’s singing his own special Jeremy Corbyn Song :+1::wink:.
I remember he brought it up one Sunday morning on The Andrew Marr programme… could be this year’s Christmas number one! :hear_no_evil: :christmas_tree:

I would not vote for him. Not because his proposals were all bad, in fact some seemed very good and needed. I would not vote for him because he allowed himself to be surrounded by idiots and ended up stupidly presenting too many poorly considered ideas. That stupidity meant he left himself very open to criticism. Him and his team were naïve fools and that does not bode well for a bunch of people hoping to form a government. See Truss as a made real example.

1 Like

That will just drive companies abroad and put more people out of work or on zero contracts in the service industries.

Rather an unusual comment Maree, when you consider that half the country is on strike and work in some of the best conditions in the world. Hence our labour being the paid higher than the far east countries which has driven all the industries out of the UK. No wonder the country is going to the dogs, it has turned into the dump site for the scroungers of the world. And the few workers that remain are financing it all…

This thread needs to be put in a more appropriate section… Some funnies for today. :grin:

As where I live has,finally,moved from being in a safe Tory seat to a safe Labour one,no.
But while Jeremy Corbyn may have questionable views on certain subjects
I would have if I was still in the safe Monmouth seat.And his supposed new party fielded a candidate.
He is nothing like as bad as the Tory press,who will be trying to persuade us that things would have been much worse under Labour,make out.
People forget that here we elect a government not a Prime Minister.
You have to look the policies not who leads the Party.

4 Likes

It isn’t just about the worthiness of some of his policies, rather his ability to implement them effectively, not to mention what might be perceived as his hard left ideology. Where some of his inspiration and most robust support comes from is also questionable in my opinion.

Nope, my colours are nailed firmly to the mast, he’d be a disaster.
Ain’t gonna happen anyway :+1:

2 Likes

If you want a country run by adherents of a medieval theology vote for Corbyn because they will .

Now that needs explaining. Marx and Engels were very much 19th century men, not medieval.

1 Like

Intelligent people don’t need any explanation .

1 Like

Ok, then help out the less intelligent with an explanation (or just admit your statement about medieval was silly)

Sorry I don’t like your bullying way of discussion …
Have a nice day .

Sorry I think you need to be more open to very mild and not bullying questioning about a statement you made. If you are happy with your statement then simply explain it. If your statement was made in haste and error then simply say so. I am not being bullying just asking for an explanation. What is wrong with that?

Have a nice day