Jams, Jellies and Chutneys

Well done Cate, I’m so pleased you enjoyed the day after all the hard work you have put in to it.

So another OFF member has a claim to fame :-D… lucky you! Have you any photos you could share with us of your stall?:smiley:

Hubs took some great pictures and I will have to ask him if he will put them on the OFF board. Unfortunately when I had pic taken with Nigel Haworth hubs was serving a customer, and when the newspaper man came and took pics he said he would like to buy them from the newspaper so my moment of fame is not yet recorded for me to see.

I hope you’ve got deep pockets if you are going to buy the photos from the Newspaper Cate. Hubby was in one a few weeks ago. When he ordered the photo from the local paper it cost him £11.50 for a 7 x 5 inch photo. Daylight robbery:!::!:

I’m so glad you enjoyed your day, you certainly deserved it after all your efforts. Well done.

Thank you mesco it was a very special day and well worth all the hard work which wasn’t that hard cos I enjoyed it.

Lynne £11.50 would be a small price to pay, my head is so big I need proof that it was all real.

Cate, you have done brilliantly! You should be very proud of yourself, we all know how hard you’ve worked for this.

Thank you for your kind words maryl. I don’t know if you recognise this but I am a person who can get 20 compliments or positive feedbacks but just one critisism or negative is remembered. I have only positives at the moment and the feeling is great.

We had a wonderful day at Blackburn and as I say I got my piccy took with Nigel Haworth. Marian will have to put it up for you to see because I can’t do that sort of thing.

On Saturday and Sunday we will be attending Scorton Steam Rally with our jams and chutneys. Really looking forward to that.

Lots of exciting things have happened because of the Blackburn show including a food critic wanting to nominate my hamburger relish as one of the best things she’s tasted for a long time and a man who is interested in selling our jam in a large farm shop in Preston.

Wow!! well done Cate. Your getting to be quite famous with your Jams & Chutneys :-):cool:

I am really pleased for you Cookie. Keep it up. We may see you on telly yet:-D

Well done Cate, you have worked hard on all your jams, jellies and chutneys so you deserve some recognition.:smiley:

Have you a favourite one that you like the most?

Just read this and it transported me back to the Womans Institute at Cabus,Those were the days girls.

I get a lot of recipes from the Woman’s Institute lovely old fashioned jams and jellies.

My favourite is always the one I have just made. I am really proud of the favourite smoothie jam and also the kiwi strawberry margarita. My favourite to eat would be the grapefruit and ginger marmalade very refreshing, I use pink grapefruits and it is a lovely colour

Made some caramalised red onion chutney tonight. My husband slices the onions with goggles on while I cook em up and giggle at the sight of him with the mandoline and goggles.

I enjoy the chutneys too. I made a hot Indian tamarind chutney which I really like and just for fun made a banana chutney using the recipe from St Lucia. The Brits stopped buying bananas from them so they looked for ways of using them. They call it banana ketchup and put colouring and tomato in it but I just call it a chutney and leave it brown.

I made a beautifully dark plum coloured plum this morning and some traditional mint jelly. I don’t put green colouring in it so it is a beautiful gold colour with bits of mint floating about in it.

Well off to bed now as tomorrow I must start on the curds, I make lemon, lime and orange very refreshing made with eggs, butter, sugar fruit juice and fruit zest. It is the last thing I make so it is very fresh and has a four or five week shelf life.

Ok Cate I’ll post the photo :smiley:

Here is celebrity Cate with Nigel Haworth :smiley:

What a great photo, Cate … you look so happy there with the handsome Nigel!:smiley:

Thanks for posting the pic, Marian :smiley:

Agree with you 100% Mags, she looks very happy indeed and definitely on a high :slight_smile:

Thank you so much Marian, you are a diamond. I couldn’t manage this sort of technology. I was really happy that day, infact to be honest my whelm was overed.

Hubs is in the background, a lady was trying one of our jams before she bought. Nigel had just tasted my Lancashire Pickled Cabbage, hope that is a smile and not a choking grimace.

Making curds today for Saturday, really getting excited but the weather looks bad for the week-end.

Again thank you Marian for putting up the piccy.

PS see all the jams in the background hubs labels and tops all of them, about 1,500 of them.

Fantastic photo of a very happy lady. From what I can see of your stall and jars, it’s all looks lovely. Well done.

Thank you mesco I was very happy that day. Everybody needs a day like that when what they have worked hard at is applauded. I have spent years being a supporter that day was the day I was supported.