Is Your Hair Better Now, Than It Was Years Ago?

My post should read Nioxin not niocin.

Mines same as it ways has been, lank and thin, cant do anything with it. I’d love to have thicker hair with some kink in it

No l’m not, Carol. I gave HRT up in 2003 when there was a cancer scare. I had been taking it for 10 years, so it was time to give it up anyway.

Honestly, l don’t know why my hair is better now? Years ago, it used to go thin and straggly when it got below my chin, now it’s on my shoulders and thickish and healthy.
I don’t know why, as l still tint the roots every 3 or 4 weeks.

My pic in my avatar was taken in August 2020 and that’s how my hair is now.

PS. Carol l thought you had coloured your hair as l thought how nice it looked in a pic you put on thread lately.

[QUOTE=Artangel

PS. Carol l thought you had coloured your hair as l thought how nice it looked in a pic you put on thread lately.[/QUOTE]

Me too! That’s why I asked :smiley:

For years I had myself down as Bald, had a close look this morning, and I ain’t, just shows how easy it is to overlook the obvious.

What could I have done with all the lost years.:lol::lol::wink:

My hair is beautiful but not as thick as it was years ago. Also, my hair use to be so long! It grew out past my back. I think my over using hair products in my teens and 20s made me lose some hair. Thankfully I don’t have spots which means I’m ok. If you’ve seen my photo on my profile page you can see my hair is short.

It looks lovely Art. I would love to see a bigger picture though!

See my ‘Hair in lockdown’ thread to see the grey in my hair.

I think about home colouring it & then go off the idea! :smiley:

Well just got reminded that is is hair cuts for us two tomorrow.

Here is it normal for the one establishment to cut males and females hair…

I am in need of a colour on my hair, has growth at the roots they are not a colour I can except…
Got three types to choose…L’Oreal colour 7.3 Floride Blond Dore the colour chart… light.med \blonde or L’Oreal colour 6. Natural Light Brown which used last time and was too dark so purchased Schwarzkopf which is pale blond and with that I streaked through my too dark coloured hair and the result was really good…

But it is Summer, need to have a shade lighter and no streaking added on. the Sun can dry it out, let alone two lots of colouring on it…

So here we go washed and dried my hair as it needed it, about to put the colour on but just on those roots for 20 minutes…mixed the oil supplied and the colourant into the larger container and shake it…lots…
like mixing a cocktail…

When I was in Senior School the mIxed one in Davidson Road,
A Senior School, EZ Rider would know Schoo that as a Croydonian just like me…

I had dyed my hair Black…I mean fair and freckled, fancy choosing Black. My Nana on my called Mothers side said, who is that you have brought to see me today…Well she knew she was just showing her horror…By the time I had washed in dozens of times it was now a shade of GREEN…
bleach had been applied previously weeks beforehand.

Science Master took the rise but I said nothing back then…but the colour was yuk and as I am a vain person,like, usually spend a lot of time in front of the mirror, perfecting ‘my look…’

Brushed Combed hair that practically stood on end…

Panstick that covered all the Freckles…must have and did have the look of something between a tart and a clown…14 years old…gosh

Oh well time is ticking by nicely…time for the rest to go on. the back hair next as that is still mousey brownish…the rest that awful old colour, grey…all very well being the in thing, so lets go natural…lots of stars letting their natural colour coming through, fine, but not for me…
soon be time to rinse it off. Don’t need to check the clock, can feel it cooking now… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

hair rinsed off the colour treatment, washed and conditioned.

Now trying to not look in the mirror, yet anyway.

Less of it these days but I still have to pay the same for a haircut! In fact more since coronavirus restrictions made extra work for the barber! :roll_eyes: :grinning:

Bald Is Beautiful Smiley

1 Like

See my avatar, thats how good my hair is.

1 Like

Yes understand…it’s only really been this last year my Husband has been loosing his hair…lots at once,as bad as the Cats leaving about theirs…

He does not show he is bothered…He is not really a fashion icon either. hahahaha…Quite happy to go around the shops with his working shorts on, a splash on paint and various holes even… no good me saying anything,he just says, why should I worry…I am comfortable that is what counts…

1 Like

My daughter has no hair, head, eyebrows, eyelashes, as the side effect of her cancer treatment several years ago now…
Feel for her but it does not now make me feel I should not care for mine…
she has tattoos for eyebrows, and they look real natural. Great idea that.

I have dry, naturally curly hair which I used to blow dry or straighten. I’d put all kinds of expensive lotions on to stop it going frizzy. Then I realised the expensive conditioners felt exactly like a normal conditioner I was using…so I now use that as a leave-in conditioner after my usual washing and conditioning and it looks 100% better.

1 Like

The various spray on whist hair is dry hair, it’s good I find,…takes the frizzie ends look to a smoother look…

just peeped at your Avatar, noticed the beard…now that is always a why o why, hair grows everywhere else…heads are they alien things… :astonished:
Deven, very nice part of the Country…

1 Like

I used Loreal Elvive on my still wet, washed and conditioned hair… end of frizz.

1 Like

Yes I have that also…they do various ones but the red one was the best type.
here are two small clips…one this morning pale, when I was contemplating and one just now, brown…
meme
me
it is too soft to style right now but happy with the colour, and Husband is thrilled, as he has not got to do any Streaks, this time…

Men, honestly a 15 minute job to pull through the hair for some streaks…

Dianne, Has your husband tried rubbing chicken manure into his scalp? It’s supposed to make hair grow again!

1 Like

Well Artangel, he often does say… I’m in the dodo again or a word of the same inclination… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Have you ever Watched Worlds Strongest Men…they might all be muscles, but they look old for their years, too young you’d think to be Bald…wonder what the connection is…testosterone obviously a shortage, but surely at 20’s and 30’s something, strong and no hair…mixed messages that seems to me… :astonished: