Is there anything good on the telly today?

Taken through glass. By the time I got outside they had all flown off.

5 Likes

I too noticed the feral pigeons had entered the rutting season. Prolly the mild weather and lengthening days, or is it usually around this time of year? I noticed the pair of Magpies too had become exceedingly friendly :wink:

1 Like

Always reminds me of the Birds film when I see a load of birds together lol

2 Likes

Look what the bloody parrots have done to my TV/FM Aerial.

It’s actually worse than that now, the Galahs swing in it.

2 Likes

You should see my back garden every morning it’s full of rooks and jackdaws .

1 Like

At the same time?! The Magpie family see everything off around my plot no matter what size or breed.

Yes they seem to flock in together.

1 Like

My back garden is always full of magpies on a morning

Are television aerials still a common sight in the UK. Here in the US I hardly ever see one anymore. It’s become like payphones, scarce as hen’s teeth. Here a small indoor antenna would pick up all the local broadcast stations. Just curios. :grinning:

On New Years Eve I was going to watch the fireworks on TV in my bedroom but discovered that the new three storey townhouses being built over the road from me have blocked the aerial that serves that part of the house. I had to watch it in the lounge.

That is one of the jobs for the new year to move that UHF aerial to the other side of the house (or maybe combine the two aerials)

2 Likes

Although satellite and cable is gradually taking over, external aerials are still very common over here. Whether they are still in use is another matter.
Indoor aerials become the norm many decades ago, usually in the attic.

We have two dome aerials on the corner of our house, one for the Outlaw’s telly on the first floor and one for ours on the ground floor. They only ever get used if the satellite box or signal isn’t being received.

We also have an aerial in the sloping roof of our extension to feed the telly in the kitchen.

When part of the musical version of Doctor Dolittle’s Circus was being filmed in the village of Castle Combe, and because it was a period piece, TV aerials were removed from the cottages and were instead fed by cable from a large antenna on a nearby hill.

Many will remain until the average broadband speed allows for active TV streaming as well as serving several other devices at the same time. My speed is so slow, I cannot run the simple NOW box so they had to collect and give me a full refund🤬

1 Like