Is Glamour Only For The Young?

That made me laugh Art.:lol:

Ok then.
Thanks ladies.

I donā€™t wear mascara either Aysa, I found out the hard way, that you can only keep it for a fairly short time, then you have to throw it out as it gives you some kind of bacteria infectionā€¦my eyes used to get so irritated, but I would be using it for months on endā€¦:smiley:

I think mini skirts and skorts look nice on a woman if she has good legs. It is not always about ā€œage as a numberā€ā€¦some of us, look much younger than we are and we can pull things offā€¦ that others our age, canā€™tā€¦

I have friends who wonā€™t be caught dead in a pair of shorts, but I wear them all the time, as I have good legs and I think they look nice, but I donā€™t wear short shorts, I like them just above the kneeā€¦

I think our hair is our ā€œcrowning gloryā€ā€¦keep your hair beautiful, and you are half way there already.

I hear people saying older women should not wear long hair. I donā€™t like that because some women look wonderful with long hair. I have friends with long hair and I envy themā€¦

I think a lot of people might be in their 50ā€™s and 60ā€™s on here, so you are probably feeling a bit judgemental about ladies older than yourself by saying that they shouldnā€™t do this or that or wear this or thatā€¦BUT WAIT, I can hardly wait to see how you feel when you get in your 70s and 80s and you have a half decent figure and nice long hair, and you are happy as hell with how you lookā€¦I say ā€œall the power to herā€ā€¦:smiley:

I donā€™t like long hair on myself because it drags my face down and makes me look much older as it did my sister. Have a haircut from long to shoulder length in late 50s or 60s and personally I think it knocks years off you

I saw you picture, your hair is ā€œperfectā€ and suits you well Lionā€¦

I think it is how Arty described in the first postā€¦
It is different strokes for different folksā€¦

We are all different, we are all built different, some of us are covered in wrinkes and some hardly have anyā€¦

Some of us have beautiful breasts and some look terrible in bathing suit because their breasts hang down so badlyā€¦

Some older people in their 70ā€™s look younger than those in their 60ā€™s and it has a lot to do with how much sickness they have had in their livesā€¦

My mom at 90, looked like an 80 year oldā€¦

I donā€™t like to see this thread all about ā€œbashing womenā€ and ā€œmaking fun of themā€ā€¦makes us look ā€œcattyā€, no matter what age they are or what their health is likeā€¦we need to build each other up, encourage each other, not make fun of peopleā€¦donā€™t you agree?

Ok, Iā€™ll shuddup nowā€¦carry on ladies, I have to go make my tea and rock in my rocker, ;-):-D;-)

Whoah, no one is making fun of people I donā€™t think, just merely saying it how they see it, differing opinions.

Donā€™t take me too serious Lion. I think when someone says a person looks like ā€œa case of mutton dressed as lambā€ā€¦here in Canada, we look at that as making fun of someoneā€¦but I know, ā€œwhen in Rome, do as the Romanā€™s doā€ā€¦so I should be encouraging myself to think more like the girls in the UKā€¦:wink:

I think you are beautiful Lion and I wouldnā€™t insult you for the worldā€¦:hug: (so donā€™t pay any attention to me tonight, maybe I am having one of my sensitive moments) :wink:

Thanks Blue. I agree with you.

Hereā€™s a good article on the subject

Overall, I think it is women that can be over critical of other women, deciding whether or not they are too old, too fat, too skinny, too short or too tall to wear certain things.

Us blokes just enjoy the variety. :-p:-p

ABSOLUTELY!

:cool:

https://pairedlife.com/etiquette/Top-Ten-Things-That-Make-a-Women-Threatening-to-Other-Women

We are all different, so I think being happy with how you look is important.
When we were young we all tried to look better than we did naturally, for many reasonsā€¦ but our reasons for enhancing how we look often change!

These days I want to look smart and confident when I go out, rather than glamorous and alluring. When I am home doing cooking and cleaning I wear jeans and T shirts, which are hardly glamorous but they are comfortable.:slight_smile:

I just think that people are too judgmental about others, so I just look how I want to, rather than listen to anybody elseā€™s opinion. After all, if any of the people who call at my home care about how I look, why should I be bothered?..
But if anybody hears that Harry Bellafonte is likely to call, please let me know because I may want to look glamorous for him.;-):mrgreen:

Harry has been going frantic trying to contact you Twink but I managed to keep him at bay for you. :wink:

Welcome back. xx

I guess Iā€™ve never been a very glamorous person I like to be clean and like a few sparkles and a lot of colourful florals.More hippy than chic :mrgreen:

A boss I used to work for was I think she thought glamorous but at 65 just looked a bit desperate, short black skirt, 5 inch high shoes, fishnet tights, low cut ruffled blouses, hair piled high in a bee hive. I didnā€™t judge her for that really I just thought it might have been better if she hadnā€™t tried to come on to all the men, anyone in trousers was fair game to her.

Men though gosh they were harsh, I was amazed at some comments, she wasnā€™t hurting anyone with what she wore so I couldnā€™t see why exactly. It might have course of been the constant sexual advances they were unhappy with.

I think we all know our individual limits, itā€™s whether we adhere to them thatā€™s important.

Women are womens worst criticsā€¦
As for women like Joanna Lumley and Helen Mirren they have already had a very good bone structure and good genes to begin with ā€¦nature has gifted them.
Having said that though I believe every woman has natural beauty in them whatever their genes or bone structureā€¦
I think men just enjoy women for who they are and if they happen to be beautiful to look at then its a bonus :slight_smile:

Women should be able to dress however they want. What we wear is an expression of ourselves and gives the world a glimpse into the person we are so it is important to consider what type of image we create to others. Does it reflect who we are as a person and how we feel?

While glamorous isnā€™t a look I strive for, it is for some women and if thatā€™s how they wish to present themselves then itā€™s none of anybodyā€™s business but their own. Having said that, there is definitely appropriate and inappropriate dress to consider and are consequences for choosing unwisely.

Women who dress provocatively with behaviour that goes along with it, often come across as desperate looking, which isnā€™t very attractive regardless of how alluring they are and can be embarrassing for anyone to witness but women who are in great shape and dress fashionable but conservatively can look strikingly dignified. The difference between the two is paramount.

Women can be very critical of other women, which is a shame but, in all fairness, itā€™s also ingrained in us to be territorial in order to protect our family.
After all, if we befriended all the beautiful, sexy women, they might steal our man away so we have been conditioned throughout time to be cautious. Some women, however, can take it to an entirely different level though and it happens everywhere. We can certainly be caught with our claws showing.

Like Twink, I dress so that Iā€™m comfortable and confident. Thatā€™s my main goal when I dress. If I happen to look good on top of that, then thatā€™s a plus but itā€™s not my main concern.

I think Iā€™m hippy and chic:lol:

Itā€™s blokes fault, they start by wanting a calm cruise on the Nile, but canā€™t take their eyes off the Pyramids.:lol::lol:

Just for the young? Not at all. This is my friendsā€™ mom. The photo was taken when she was 91.

Whatā€™s she doing right?

Sunglasses that are classic but in style (alluring with her hair, donā€™t you think?).
Chic hair style. Itā€™s a little wind blown here, but you get the idea
Upturned collar (sometime turtlenecks). Hides turkey neck and jowls but frames the face. Few prints, tailored pieces. Lots of crisp, usually cotton, blouses.
Wears bright colors (red, coral, cobalt) in solids, but stays away from prints unless they on accessories like scarves. Avoids black that highlights wrinkles.
A little bit of a suntan
Earrings that add light to the face
Lip colorā€¦but most especially gloss; it makes lips look plumper
Light foundation.

Approachable and smiling, smiling, smilingā€¦

https://preview.ibb.co/fzeSsq/Lor-s-Mom.jpg
aluminum formula