Is Glamour Only For The Young?

Classic for all ladies of ALL ages. xxxxx

Thanks, Sweetie Pie.

You are all welcome. X

Sweetie pie, which of Elvis’ movies did you like best? My favorite was Blue Hawaii.

Nice video.
I need more time for my response to you Sage:)

Oh I like most of them, hubby is a big fan.
We have loads of outakes also.
The YouTube I posted makes me cry.
My son sang that song for me on my 50th.
I also think, that in our husbands eyes we are always young and beautiful.

Your son sang that for you on your 50th. How adorable is that?

I can sooo relate to your last comment.
My husband says I don’t look any different today than I did the day we met . I’m not sure how they do this but they do. Our husbands aren’t as critical of us as we are of ourselves, thank goodness . I find that irresistably sweet.

Sage, still reading your book so I’ll save everything I have to say for the new thread I make.

Have a great day ladies.
My two girls got groomed yesterday and now look super adorable.

I dumped two husbands. So they were not in the category of your husbands. The third husband is a keeper. We met when I was 41 and he was 42. He doesn’t tell me I look the same as I did then. I don’t. But he does thank me for keeping myself in shape. Some days both of us look old and tired. He’s in a lot of pain a good deal of the time. Some days we look perky. Some days I look in the mirror and see the me that I was. Some days I look in the mirror and see a tired old woman. I analyzed this and realized that the days I think I look old and worn are the days when I am upset by something that has happened. It is the sparkle that makes the difference. I’m working on keeping things from destroying my sparkle.

The first thing I’m doing is teaching myself to allow what ever happens to flow through me, not become lodged within. Second, I spend time centering myself on my heart…a meditation kind of thing, and third to be patient with myself when these goals are not immediately met. When I can manage this it can take twenty years off of my face.

Bratti, no hurry with the book. Read it as you have the time and inclination. I assume your two girls are your dogs. Do you have kids? I don’t.

Your husband sounds incredibly nice. What a nice thing for you son to do.

Sage, I followed your link and came across The Story of Chester. I was reading it yesterday and today. I cried most of today, missing Chester so much…

It was wonderful Sage. It has been a long time since I have read anything that “touched me” like this did.

Blue :smiley:

Thank you Blue, what a nice thing to say. I wrote some of that and my husband wrote some of it. Chester is the one who inspired my husband to do a wild turkey study. He keeps a journal now of the daily activities of the turkeys. He’s been doing it since 2011. Chester taught us that turkeys are sentient. So much of their behavior has human parallels. We are privileged to be allowed into their social group. Some of them are dear souls. They have individual personalities, just like people do.

Thank you for this interesting post Sage :slight_smile:
I have writers in my family. My older brother is retired now, but he had a Publishing House…

I LOVE Nosey Body. That is Unique with a captial U.

Your elephant has “A mind of it’s own” :wink:

I have all this open on my desktop so I can look at pictures and the furniture, and all the juicy stories. I am an animal lover BIG TIME, grew up on a farm. I love everything with a face. :smiley:

Thank you for sharing…:hug:

Sage if you like Elvis.
I will be posting some pics and a little story about Elvis on my NYC thread in photos and Art section.

https://i.postimg.cc/YCW3mZk3/women-aging-nutrients-old-women-perfect-matches-couples-jfa1260.jpg

:-):slight_smile:

List of some of the most beautiful women from the ancient world:
Cleopatra VII ( Born – 69 BC. |
Nefertiti (Born – ca. 1370 BC. …
Phryne (4th century BC) …
Guinevere (Born c.AD 490) …
Samyukta (12th Century) …
Lady Godiva (11th Century) …
Salome (1st Century) …
Lucrezia Borgia (14th-15th Century) …

Hey Sage
Yes I have been avoiding you. I lost the chord to charge up my ereader and am only half way through the book. Plus I realized that I should write a list of questions I want to ask because I have a bunch of them already.

Another thing that I discovered is that I have a hard time reading it knowing that I now know you. You aren’t some random anonymous author. You’re a woman close to my age that had a life shattering experience.

I find it so touching that you are constantly trying to protect your parents; even to the point of self sabotage. People you should have been able to count on, start avoiding the topic completely. I can’t imagine how heart breaking that must have been.

Why does your father call you Sissy?
How old is your sister?

There are many other questions I want to ask but I will wait until I’m completely finished the book.

Yes Sage, when I refer to my girls, I mean my dogs. :laugh:

Somewhere here you mentioned that your current husband used to study wild turkeys. That’s interesting because my brother went to the University of Toronto and studied chickadees. He did a 3 week interior Algonquin trip to study these birds.

We get loads of huge wild turkeys here. I love the sound of them. They’re hilarious.
I’ve got some awesome pictures of wild turkeys somewhere that I’ll show you. We’ve had them pecking their beaks on our basement window. They’re cheeky birds. Wait until you see these pictures.

Anyway Sage, I hope you didn’t think I’d forsaken you.

Hi

Some beautiful older ladies around at the moment.

To that list you can add the gorgeous older lady who works on the checkouts at Morrison’s in Shrewsbury.

Wrinkles she may have, and grey hair, but the twinkle in her eyes and her smile is to die for.

You do not have to be rich or famous to be gorgeous, you just have to be you.

Aww SO true Swimmy. X

What are you all wearing for Christmas?
I’d like to glam it up some as I am seeing some family I haven’t seen for over 15 years now. I do however chat with them through email often. I’m excited about it. It’s going to be a huge family reunion so I’d like to look good in case pictures get taken which I’m sure they will. I haven’t seen my husband’s parents in over 10 years

Note to Sage: unfortunately I have to put your book on hold cause I left my ereader at the gym the other day so lost it. I’m pretty bummed about that. I was reading it while cycling and put it down to work out my arms and forgot about it. It will be a while before I replace it but I was enjoying it .
I was out of the reading habit and it got me back reading again .
I’m so disappointed in myself but stuff happens.

Found my ereader. Yayyy. I should be finished after the holidays.