Interesting facts

Traffic Cones in Australia are called Witches Hats.

2 Likes

Traffic cones are an essential item on most motorways these days, and are known as ‘A pain in the Ar$e’

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

During the cold war Western popular music was banned in the USSR.
So the underground culture of making records on X-rays — so-called bone music or, as some Russians called it, music on the ribs – grew out of that hunger for forbidden music.

3 Likes

In the 1930s, and possibly still to this day for all I know, the telephone dial tone in Vienna was pitched at a perfect A for the purpose of tuning musical instruments.

2 Likes

The only two performers to be inducted into both The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame and The Country Music Hall Of Fame are Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash.

4 Likes

In Canada, and possibly other parts of the world as well, shipping containers are known as Sea-Cans.

3 Likes

They sell well too and can make around ÂŁ3k upwards for a 40ft one depending on condition.

1 Like
3 Likes

The Tri-border of Argentina, Brazil, and Paraguay

South America features a rather interesting tri-border that separates the countries of Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay.

This natural border is formed by the IguazĂș and ParanĂĄ rivers which meet at this junction point.

The border is known as the Triple Frontier.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Before Shakespeare no one used un as a prefix to change a word’s meaning,it was unknown.

3 Likes

Zip-line from Spain to Portugal

Yep, you read that right! In the Iberian peninsula of western Europe, there exists a zipline that can take you from Spain to Portugal.

The zipline runs from the Spanish city of Sanlucar de Guadiana across the River Guadiana to Alcoutim in Portugal.

The Guadiana river (or the Odiana) is an international river that forms part of the Portugal-Spain border, called “The Stripe.”

The zipline runs for 720 meters across the river, with participants capable of reaching speeds of 70 km per hour!

Yes please!

4 Likes

No thankyou!

1 Like

Oh come on! A little speed never killed
er
er
 nevermind

3 Likes

I would have a go Minx
Who checks your passport in the middle?
:sunglasses:

2 Likes
3 Likes

I had to laugh at this article, a mixture of hyperbole and nonsense. As they “drilled toward the centre of the Earth” - really? they achieved just over 12 km yet even the article tells us the Earth’s mantle is 30km thick so they actually came up short of the Earth’s centre by a mere 6359km.

There are interesting articles about the Kola Borehole but I am afraid that isn’t one of them.

The reason why rice is grown in paddy-fields is to inhibit weed growth and reduce pest infestations. Rice doesn’t actually need to be grown in water, but it’s easier to manage it that way.

Cabers are tapered, and the tosser holds the smaller end when they toss them.

“I cannot tell a lie” was made up by George Washington’s biographer, and never actually said by the man himself.

2 Likes

Hi

Parts of the Universe are traveling at more than the speed of light and this includes entire galaxies.

4 Likes

I think it does need quite a lot of water to grow though.It’s grown here and that’s always bemused me.

1 Like