Inside 'ordinary' Scots flat adorned with dead celebrities and psychedelic paint

Now I know I like cheerful decor, but this might just be a wee bit overboard…!

1 Like

Blimey. Bit too colourful and ‘busy’ for me.

2 Likes

It isn’t exactly calming and restful is it? Perhaps they had kids, and let them have at it with a paintbrush and spare paint. :thinking:

Jeeze!!..How did those damned Photographers get into
My house…bloody cheek :laughing:

5 Likes

Oh its not so bad, May, you could be an influencer! :smiley:

1 Like

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

I would need sun glasses on all day! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

But then you wouldn’t be able to see all the pretty colours, Mags! :joy: And the posters…of…famous folk who have passed. :roll_eyes:

……. but the sun glasses would stop me getting a headache, Pixie :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

You mean…you don’t want see the pretty colours? :astonished: But its beautiful! This is raw art at its finest… :joy:

yeah, I would want sunglasses too actually. No way could I relax in the bath with all that going on…and I just noticed its a square bath tub too! Honestly, some people! (Oh wait, my apologies…I think the person has mobility difficulties - oops! )

1 Like

May :honeybee: they’re colourblind

I’m now wondering about the story behind that square bath…

1 Like

Me too…I suspect mobility issues with the artist. But then given that they managed to paint the ceilings, I’m not quite sure :woman_shrugging:

There’s no accounting for “taste” - but if I bought that house, I’d be gutting the place and putting several coats of neutral coloured paint over that lot!

It wasn’t as bad as the headline led me to expect, though - when I read the house was “adorned with dead celebrities”, I was expecting something quite different! :nauseated_face:
I was relieved to discover they meant adorned with old photos of celebrities who are now dead. :rofl:

1 Like

Reminds me of the old 1958 comedy film ‘The Horses Mouth’ with Alec Guinness playing an eccentric mural painter. He lives on a rundown narrow boat which he uses as a studio and is always looking for ‘a wall’ to paint in a naïve and colourful style.

Its based on the book by Joyce Cary.

The decorator was on LSD ?

Must say I quite liked the bathroom .

It reminds me of Lord Bath and his murals

I’m reaching for the paracetamol just looking at the pictures… imagine living there, nah!

Come back Magnolia all is forgiven .