Inflation Soars

Look at the small print, its a sad day for King Prawn lovers.

1 Like

The Reserve Bank of Australia has raised the cash rate by 0.25% the first rate hike for nearly a generation. It is forecast another rise will occur in June. The rate is now 0.35%

The Commonwealth Bank is forecasting the rate to be 1.3% by the end of the year that is the most conservative forecast.

Good news for me I have to say.

It is now more financially viable tp make your own curry now.

The rise came in the middle of an election…

Why not reduce Vat to 17.5% ? That way people will be able to buy more. Consequently the government gets more in tax

Impossible, VAT or rather GST is 10% and needs an act of Parliament to change it.

I would guess economists know which folks on the wealth spectrum are spending what on what so, target Tax thresholds for the maximum resulting income.

@spitfire , Do you mean have higher tax rates for things like private
swimming pools and tennis courts etc Spitty ?
Gets my vote if so ??
Donkeyman! :+1::grin::grin::+1:

Vat is 20% bruce

Not in Australia it isn’t.

This is slightly old from April 19, but in this article, it says that inflation might be temporary.

https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/swiss-national-bank-chairman-sees-inflation-rise-temporary-2022-04-19/

Talk about inflation! I received my electric bill today and I nearly fell over with shock because it was over $470 for the quarter (my bill is usually about $200). According to the bill I had used 1000Kwh more than I normally do.

Thought I would check the meter

What a useless bunch of bastards they are! I am pretty sure the meter reader has mis-read the meter .

Image1

99950 my a**e it is only 98965 now!

No wonder inflation is out of control.

Mine is radio-controlled but not necessarily more trustworthy.

1 Like

Don’t worry Bruce, there is an extra $10 on the way on the savings account this month.

Hi

UK Inflation is based on a basket of things, a lot of which have no relevance to the over 50s and especially to Pensioners on basic Pension.

What matters to those People is very simple.

Heating and Food Costs.

Inflation for these two basics is now over 20%.

This needs to be dealt with, not ignored.

1 Like

We should apologise to Putin and tell him to switch the gas and electric back on…

Pah! How cheap! That nice PM, Scottie from Marketing, has already sent me (and every other pensioner) $250 this month from his election pork barrel. You’ll have to do better than that.

We need to see what cracks first, forget the media presentation.

Is Nannies Purse empty?

No I don’t think that is necessarily so.