Incident at health club

Made sure the shower door was locked!

Supermarkets test their fire alarms regularly which they announce over the tannoy - they don’t expect the shoppers to evacuate the building but just carry on shopping.

I forgot to mention in my original post that members in the gym had to go and stand in the car park in the pouring rain! I think it was the way she told me she was going to report me to the manager and asked for my name, as if I was a naughty schoolgirl being reported to the headmaster, that really incensed me.

Maybe she got it wrong and it was a fire drill, that’s different.

Is this a private health club or local authority? You should formally complain. If they warn of a drill at a certain time and then do it 10 mins earlier when you timed your shower based on their notice, that is outrageous. Sounds more like a boot camp than a health club. Don’t they have reviews online?

1 Like

It’s a private club Annie. I intend to speak to the manager when I go tomorrow. They have a spa area where they supply towelling dressing gowns to users. I am going to suggest that next time, they put some in the changing rooms for the members to use.

If they provide bath robes then they will have a premium monthly charge. They won’t want bad reviews. Tell the manager you want a written apology and compensation for the indignity and shock of being disturbed in the shower when you are in such a vulnerable state. Mention how this sort of shock can bring on a heart condition at your age. It’s clearly a failure of their own fire drill if they cannot stick to the published time for it.

They should apologise to all members for this. You won’t be the only one who has been misled into thinking it would be at the advertised time. It’s one thing making a mistake but they shouldn’t have been humiliating users of their facility by telling them off for their own poor management of the situation.

2 Likes

I’d have gone and stood by the pool in the nude…Serves them right!
:open_mouth:

2 Likes

that’s a great point for Littleannie to bring up with the manager! They do this again you will walk out nude.

1 Like

Good grief! The shock of seeing my saggy old body would be enough to give everybody a heart attack!!

1 Like

Haha, I am like-minded. If I flashed those folks wearing nothing but a towel (mumbling, “This will teach them,”) they would be having a meeting first-thing Monday morning, all hands on deck, to revise the policy. :040:

2 Likes

Ha ha, love it Surfermom!

Not if I was on the committee… :009: Just more fire drills… :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Cancel my subscription, the customer is king (or Queen)

That’s what I feel like doing spitfire. Unfortunately it’s the only pool I can get to locally as I don’t drive any more. I would miss my swim dreadfully. I have been swimming for 60 years, 3 times a week.

1 Like

Did you get anywhere with the club management yet?

I spoke to the manager yesterday Annie. He apologised for putting me in an embarrassing position. He said my idea of putting bath robes in the changing rooms was an excellent idea which they will do. I am not taking it any further as it’s the only pool I can get to as I said in my post to spitfire. I don’t want to cause any more ill feeling (or get banned!)

2 Likes

Swim with the flow and don’t make waves is my philosophy Annie…
:swimming_woman:
Glad you got it sorted… :+1:

1 Like

Hope so OldGreyFox.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like