I'm A Celebrity will swap jungle for ruined British castle - Update: Gwrych castle granted £2m for repairs

I loved last night’s programme, especially in the ‘pub’! l think Jessica is great, l am sorry she’s gone. I hope it promotes her career.

I fast forwarded false, sickly sweet ‘G’. She smiles and says all the right things in her condescending way when the camera is on her but see her face change quickly when it’s off her.
Vernon, seems on the rise. Old Tess is crying for him, that he might be cold and hungry! Doesn’t she know he’s being paid thousands to be in there?!!

I feel a Jim Davidson (Celebrity Big Brother) moment coming on and that’s why I think, Shane might win. He needs it, as his career is in the doldrums.

I’m A Celebrity fans slam ‘dull’ stars as show suffers devastating blow to viewing figures

This year’s I’m A Celebrity launch saw 14.3 million viewers tune in for the campmates’ arrival in the castle. The episode, which aired on Sunday, November 15 was the show’s biggest ever launch.

However, according to reports, on average 8.1 million viewers tuned in to watch Paralympian Hollie Arnold become the first celebrity to be eliminated from the series on Friday November 27. The drop of 6.2 million viewers is being blamed on the show’s “nice” bunch of campmates.

I’m A Celebrity fans were quick to point out the differences between this year’s campmates and previous tension-riddled years.

Viewers obviously don’t want fights but a little “tension” goes a long way - it gives the series a sort of “plot” … all we seemed to get this year was name-dropping from a bunch of (mostly) unknowns around the camp-fire and lots of weeping about “the kids” … :015:

Last night, Mo and AJ managed 3 stars from another “silly” BTT before being “booted” … if Shane is ejected tonight then I might watch the catch-up just to see his face - so near and yet so far (although, allegedly, his IAC appearance has netted him some serious offers … :102:

I’ve got to say this

Why do these people cry after 3 days of not seeing their wife’s/ kids / family / friends . They break down , cry because it’s their birthday and cant be with family …so what

I dont see my family for weeks on end , so if I was in there I wouldn’t be sobbing for them because I’m used to it

IMO, most of the time they’re just seeking attention/screen time … :slight_smile:

I’ve read that Shane’s out but I can’t be bothered to watch the episode, even at “skip” speed … :102:

Who cares who wins … :015:

Oh Omah that’s unlike you . I’m not watching either I havnt seen the last 3 episodes . It really is boring . In the past I’ve watched all episodes

I watched it because I love the water game they alwaya have towards the end…it was fun. I bet it was freezing. Vernon made it look easy…Jordan well Jordan was Jordan :slight_smile:

I think the girl will win it which is OK by me she seems nice enough and all her camp mates so far have suggested she should win when they are voted out.

Actually although I have skipped through a lot of ìt I think they have done an OK job its not as good as in the tropics though…its a bit too comfortable

I watched it. The Celebrity Cyclone was fun, but they always are. I think Jess to win, but I don’t mind which really.

CREW members isolating after a Covid scare at the I’m A Celebrity castle are not being paid.

Some of the show’s production team had to go into quarantine after taking a saliva-based test. ITV bigwigs enforced two weeks of isolation — despite several of the crew returning negative results in subsequent NHS nasal swab checks. The freelance staff were also not allowed to leave North Wales, where the show is being filmed.

One angry crew member told The Sun: “I am a huge fan of the show and love Ant and Dec, but it’s been difficult to watch and laugh at the jokes knowing how much they’re getting paid, whilst I’m forced to self isolate, without pay. While colleagues working for the BBC, on feature films and Netflix productions have been fully compensated for any Covid-related absence from work, that’s not what ITV are prepared to give any of their freelancers.”

ITV say they are just following HMRC guidelines for freelance staff.

That does seem unreasonable of ITV, considering the millions that they’ve spent on the production … :shock:

I see my younger sister often, as she is 10 minutes away from me, but haven’t seen my older sister, or brother, since long before I moved, October 2019. It is unlikely I will see them now until around the spring, when I hope to have Holly looked after by someone here in Suffolk, so I can go back south for a few days, to catch up. I will be spending Christmas alone, too, which I am now getting used to.

Yes! My favourite won, Giovanna.:038::038::038:

I was disappointed in the winning choice. Wanted Vernon or Jordan.

And that’s it for another year.

She seemed a nice enough girl, - although I had never heard of her before this programme - but I would have liked either Vernon or Jordon to win too, probably Vernon slightly more.

In the end, l wished Vernon had won. I really liked Jordan and thought he had overcome so much but when he toppled back in the seat, l felt he did it on purpose and that put me off him a bit.

I have saved Episode 11 with Jessica and Shane doing the challenge where they had to drink the most revolting stuff. It is the most funniest thing and l laugh so much at their reactions.
It changed my mind about Jessica as she was so brave and never gave up so as not to let her campmates down.
I think she is the greatest.

I used to love watching the cyclone until the camera man got all arty farty with close ups and slow mo. :cry:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/lifestyle/other/aj-pritchard-and-girlfriend-are-caught-flouting-covid-rules/ar-BB1bSorH?ocid=msedgntp

AJ Pritchard and girlfriend are ‘caught flouting Covid rules’ last night as they partied with the Strictly star’s cousin and friends on a night out in Kensington.

The group spent much of last night at Jako London, a restaurant and private hire venue in High Street Kensington, before arriving separately at AJ’s cousin’s flat, despite not being allowed to mix in other households.

Well, if “celebs” can (and get away with it) then everyone else will … :102:

There are always going to be people flouting the rules whether they are so called ‘celebs’ or common people. They don’t think the rules apply to them, they are young & totally foolish & covidiots. As long as this goes on we will never be free of the virus.

The castle which hosted ITV’s I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! is set to be saved from collapse thanks to a £2.2m grant. The Grade I listed venue in Abergele in Conwy county requires urgent repairs delayed by the pandemic.

The venue’s trust said the work will reverse the “critical situation”.

Dr Mark Baker, head of Gwrych Castle Preservation Trust, said the castle’s buildings are in “perilous condition following the pandemic”.

“With this substantial funding award, we can reverse the critical situation that the site is currently in, allowing Gwrych Castle to be returned to its former glory,” he said.

It is one of several Welsh heritage sites to secure NHMF Covid-19 recovery funding, with Gladstone’s Library in Flintshire, Insole Court in Cardiff and two medieval churches also receiving money.

That’s excellent news but I don’t think £2.2 will cover restoration from “critical” to “former glory” … :thinking:

That paltry sum will just about cover the stabilisation of what is still standing. Ten times that amount might put a roof back on all towers etc and some floors reinstated, but I doubt if it will ever be restored to how it used to be. It should have been better cared for before it fell into utter disrepair. Complete false economy to allow such dilapidation :man_shrugging: