I think I am a little out of touch

Yesterday I wanted a spare battery for my camera - $59.
I was feeling a little hungry so done something I rarely do, had something to eat at an simple Asian restaurant.
Ordered a serve of fried rice without prawns and fish, with $10 in my hand, $18.

It keeps us on our toes, streetwise!

There’s a place I go to for a box of Chicken Biryani, rice only, no chicken pieces, no bones, and a little tub of curry sauce £5 cash. I though I was getting a good deal 5 years ago at £5 cash, Feeds two of us.

Camera batteries: I go to Amazon where they sell third party ones for a about a third of the price of the official ones.

1 Like

Or eBay.

1 Like

My camera batteries are £120 each, and it takes two of them. It will reject third party batteries, causing the camera to malfunction.
:frowning_face:

1 Like

rechargable and about the best AA batteries one can get (others in use)

Maha 801d battery charger for above. Each compartment is charged individually. Newer versions now around £100 so not cheap

For AA and AAA batteries. Each slot does battery condition check first as well

the difference is cheaper battery chargers use one electrical circuit to power all slots

1 Like

Everything has gone up since Lockdown Bretrick.
I look at the price and leave it on the shelf.

1 Like

As Broken Vows says it was Lockdown that caused all the problems. We used to eat out a lot now we just go on a Saturday Evening if we want dinner out. The price has more than doubled for a sit down dinner…Dreadful prices.

I can not see an end to it either.
Which means a lot more businesses will close down because people will be unwilling or unable to pay exorbitant prices.
Shuttered businesses all over cities and towns.

Same here, Rox. We are also cutting back on dining out. Menu prices are almost double what they were pre-pandemic.

How did you wiggle out of that one, Bretwick?