I may end up with another cat!

I think he will agree to be ‘adopted’. After all, cats know on which side their bread’s buttered.

Twink :slight_smile: when Mr Grey resumes his visits to your garden, maybe put a small toy/ball with a bell in it near his food dish. He may start to play with it and become used to the sound and come running to you if he hears it.

Mr Grey was returned to my garden about half an hour ago & as soon as his cage door was opened he ran into the long grass to hide. He had been fed this morning so he won’t be hungry & the RSPCA man said I may not see him for a couple of days… but they usually return to where the food is!
We had a routine where he would sit on my garden & would wait till I tapped on the window & showed him the food bowl. He would then sit under my Acer tree till I took the food out to him… but it may take a while to get him back to that routine.
He is a long way from being tame but I know, from others I have cared for, that I need to be patient.
I will give updates on progress so you all know what happens!

your new cat’s a very lucky cat, and intelligent, he knew just where to come to be looked after, cats choose where they want to be, I’m sure you’ll have many happy years together.

Thank you Paula. :slight_smile:

This is my first progress report, as Mr Grey has made his first return today & was very hungry, but I expect his worm treatment hasn’t done the job yet & he had eaten nothing since yesterday morning.
His trip to the vets has also made him very nervous, so he wont eat whilst I am outside. He was like that when he first arrived here, so I expect it may take a few weeks to win his trust again.
He was walking quite well on his leg , so the painkiller they gave him may of helped… but I am hoping he will manage to walk normally in time.
I will keep you all up to date with any further progress, as & when it happens.

Mr Grey turned up for his food today and allowed me to stand a few feet away, whilst he ate it. He was walking very well on his injured leg, so I think it is mending, I now just have to persuade him that eating his dinner in my house is a good idea.:slight_smile:
I really hope I can do that before the winter arrives.

Hi Everyone, I should really make the effort to post on here more often…
Anyway - you’re doing a great job , Twink - well done.
I’ve just checked my ears and they feel normal, so I don’t think that I’ve been neutered…Lol.
Regards, Malc.

It sounds as though it is all going well with Mr G. I’m not sure if cats ever trust anyone 100% but it’s going in the right direction. He couldn’t have found a better place to live that’s for sure. Hope to see a pic eventually Twinks. :023:

Ah … Mr Grey seems to be remembering you already Twink.

I had a couple of wild cats years ago who came to the house for food. In the end they’d sit on the sloping roof by the bedroom window and paw at it until I got up and fed them.

They’d never come in though, not comfortably and would soon skedaddle out… so in a bid to get them under shelter out of the cold weather, (it was the winters years back when we still had snow), … I heaped some old cushions inside the old loo outhouse for them to snuggle in if they wanted and at least it was out of the wind.

Thanks Malc, & just remember that if Mrs M does get you neutered, I will be happy to come and trim your ear with my pinking shears!:lol:

Dongle, Mr Grey loves my cooking… especially chicken! It may take a while but I will get a pic one day. My local RSPCA have asked for one, so they can tell his story & show people how cats can change for the better, when neutered. I may end up with a celebrity cat! :smiley:

What a good idea Morti! I am feeding him a bit closer to my back door each day & propping the cat flap open at night, in the hope he will come into my back hall or study when the weather gets colder…as he wont be disturbed there.

:shock::shock:

I am not posting at the moment, as I have a serious problem with my insulin, which is working too well & in danger of putting me into comas. I am managing to stay safe but it involves a lot of time testing my blood sugar levels night & day.
Anyway I just thought I would share this good news with all you animal lovers, because Mr Grey has now decided that it is safe to come inside for his dinners. he will come into my back hall & my study, but only if nobody else is there.
I am now hopeful that he will spend the cold months in my house & maybe enjoy some Christmas turkey.:lol:
His fractured leg is healed , but if the weather is cold he tends to feel some pain… he has just had a week on painkillers and is now walking free of pain again.
We now have conversation that involve lots of “Meows” from both of us…so I think I may be winning his trust!:slight_smile:

Twink, I wish you better and your insulin behaves itself.
And surely Mr Grey will look kindly with your ways with him.

Twink, I’m sorry to hear of your insulin problems, it must be very worrying for you trying to keep it under control.
Fingers crossed it will be back under control very soon.

Excellent news that Mr Grey has the courage to venture indoors for his dinners now. It will be good to know he will now have a warm shelter from the elements this winter. :smiley:

Presumably you should be reducing your insulin, then Twinky? In the past, I was advised to put mine up a bit but, of course, it also depends on what you eat.

Pumpkin, our all-black one, has been really lethargic all day and I was a bit worried as she was just lying on a bed, apparently sleeping and not interested in anything, including eating. Marge assured me that she’d be OK and, just an hour ago, she got up and decided she’d go outside for a bit. Still not eating, though.

I’m glad that your Mr Grey (named after Old Grey Fox?!) is becoming more at ease now.

It is not quite a simple as reducing my insulin injection JBR, so they have referred me to an endocrinologist, but heaven knows when I will get an appointment. I am fine during the day because I can have a mouthful of Lucozade, but if my BS levels dip when I am asleep, I may not wake up!:shock:

I feel I am winning with Mr Grey & he got that name because he is a grey cat… so not named after OGF!:lol:

If Pumpkin doesn’t improve in the next few days you may need to take him to the vet, but I have found that all the cats I have had over 40 years tend to have days when they don’t eat much. It was warmer yesterday & they eat less when it is warm so I hope she is soon more lively!

I will keep you all updated on Mr Grey! :slight_smile:

Just caught up with you and Mr Grey . So nice to read . Twink , is he a gentle cat or has he shown aggression at all .

I’m always careful with animals I dont know, I never reach out or stroke until I know they wont bite or scratch . Think in my case it stems from when a child things happened . I’m enjoying hearing about him

Sorry to hear your having health problems .

Hope you feel better soon Twinks and you get the medication under control. So pleased Mr Grey is getting comfy :slight_smile:

Hi Twink :slight_smile: I hope you are able to sort out your health problems soon.
I have been waiting waiting to see a consultant Electrophisiologist since February with no appointment till October and so I paid to see him at the local Spire hospital and am glad I did. I thought if I waited till October and there was another lockdown my appointment would be postponed again allowing my condition to progress unchecked.

I think now that Grey has got his paws under the table he will stay :slight_smile: Cats know when they are onto a good thing :cool:

Yes, she’s still the same today: quiet and listless.

I also see that she’s drinking a lot of water, and I’m beginning to suspect that she may be diabetic.
If she’s the same tomorrow, we’ll take her to the vet.

Her sister is not suffering the same way. She’s a bigger cat, though I’m not sure why that should make a difference.