I Love Music from many eras

David Bowie makes an unexpected appearance on the Don Lane Show in Australia on November 10, 1983

80’s Bowie is my favourite era.I didn’t like all the Ziggy Stardust stuff.

1 Like

I thought he was talented and quite interesting but I was never a fan or bought his records. I was more into Captain Beefheart, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Frank Zappa type of thing.

1 Like

The 70s was the best for me,never liked the 80s/90s.

2 Likes

The 1700’s weren’t too shoddy, way before my time of course. This is just sublime!

1 Like

John Mayall died a few days ago.He was credited with making American R&B popular in 60’s UK.Some of the people he got into his band became more famous than him though.
Eric Clapton and Jack Bruce, later of Cream, John McVie and Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac; Mick Taylor, The Rolling Stones; Harvey Mandel and Larry Taylor of Canned Heat; and Jon Mark and John Almond, who went on to form the Mark-Almond Band.

1 Like

Nothing beats a good madrigal :icon_wink:

1 Like

Very true Bruce, I often have the inclination to don my doublet and hose after a couple of large meads. Alas, I don’t have the legs for it unlike another member of the forum, not mentioning any names of course :wink::+1:

I don’t really do any music since the 90s, but I do love this one from 2013. He was 66. Died 3 years later.

1 Like

The song Mr Bowie talks about making in the outback is Let’s Dance
The town was Carinda, a town with one pub and a population of 194.
The song is about indigenous rights as it is about young love and dancing.
‘Let’s Dance’ was filmed around the time of “China Girl”
Both songs were used as vessels for Bowie’s social commentary on a situation he didn’t think was right. He was at the height of his career. The world was his stage and he had the power to reach millions.
Bowie explains that both clips were “…very direct. And the message that they have is very simple – it’s wrong to be racist!”.
The two dancers are from Sydney’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders Dance Theatre.
Terry Roberts and Joelene King were students.
What an amazing experience for them.
Being chosen by David Bowie to play a major part in what turned out to be one of his most successful songs.
The song was his greatest hit, Reaching number 1 in both the US and the UK.
Let’s Dance - David Bowie 1983

1 Like

Ska.That goes away but keeps coming back.The 50/60’s then the 70’s and then the 90’s.So we are due for some more.
My choice would be the 60’s.

1 Like