I Have Just Taken My Leggings Out Of The Freezer And Now l Give Up.. Why?

Did you try the old trick of freezing your damp tights/leggings to ensure they do not snag and/or run? It’s also supposed to tighten the fibres for longer wear. I tried that with a pair of 501’s and it proved to be a load of old tosh🤬

You sat on some of the grandkids’ Play-Doh?

Or you were using a hot glue gun and got some of it on your leggings? Or super-glue?

1 Like

No, Sorry. Pixie.

Ruthio, You are very warm but l didn’t sit on anything.

LD, I remember friends doing that with their jeans but not with tights/leggings.
Are 501’s, the jeans that have buttons, not zips?
I am just asking out of interest. There’s no need to give me your preferences/ experiences with zips and buttons… l might blush! :laughing:

No, not Play-Doh… that’s shocking stuff if trodden into the carpet!

1 Like

So no play doh, but you didn’t rule out these?

I was looking for a precise answer!! :laughing:

It was in fact, a new tube of Contact Adhesive’ that must’ve dripped onto both legs of my leggings.
It wasn’t until it dried did l notice it. I washed them but it didn’t come off.
I looked for advice on the Internet and it said to use Acetone, l knew that was more or less nail varnish remover but no luck.
I then tried Vanish as also recommended but that didn’t work either.
My last chance was to put them in the freezer but that didn’t help either.
So that’s why l gave up!

I could wear them back to front but l would probably walk funny!

Here’s a pic of one leg…

1 Like

It’s only about an inch in size.

I can relate to that.

3 Likes

Chapped legs turn you on in some kinky way

1 Like

Oh glue is notoriously difficult to remove from fabric, glue in all its forms, other than the ‘school’ gum. You know, that stuff that doesn’t really stick anything together properly, yeah that one :joy: Anything else and the item’s doomed, doomed I tell ya!

1 Like

Could you cover it with some sort of applique?

2 Likes

Good plan! Or do what they were doing on Sewing Bee last week - patch it using Japanese Sashiko to stitch it on, with ornamental stitching. Make a feature of it!

1 Like

Do you mean something like this? … :laughing:

1 Like

Yes Arty, the 501’s are zipless so are less prone to fail around the fly area.
Now that I know you are trying to remove a latex based product, I would recommend this product from Screwfix (88987). It does cost £4.99 so you would have to weigh up the intent of keeping the clothing for outside the house. I use this to remove rubber solution and very effective it is too :+1:

1 Like

LD, Thank You for the tip.

Last night, l gently rubbed the glue stain with a pumice stone…eeeeeeeeek …big mistake!
I quickly, did a stitch in time, to save nine!!

1 Like

Cut off the affected legs Arty and turn them into shorts…
:thinking:

Foxy… and what do you suggest l do with the cut off bits? Make holes where my eyes, nose and mouth go … and rob banks?

Or, frighten men who take their sexy legs out for a run most days? :laughing:

Have you thought about changing your religion to Muslim Arty? You could use the offcuts as Niqabs…
Niquab

I try to run in places where I won’t be accosted by strange women wearing leggins over their heads…So far, I’ve been successful…
:sunglasses: