I don't understand why they aren’t wearing their military uniforms

No other ex serviceman has this right .
As it happens they are now being allowed to wear them on the vigil
Sums it all up really dressing up means a lot to these self obsessed men

2 Likes

Buckingham Palace said that only working members of the royal family would wear military uniform for the big ceremonial events taking place during the mourning period for the Queen. Since both Harry and Andrew have stepped away from their royal duties, they will wear civilian clothes, despite being retired service members.
Daily Mail says there might be an exception for Andrew who will only be permitted to appear in military dress during a second Vigil of the Princes in Westminster Hall later this week.

As none of them are actually serving in the forces all their fancy are for honoury positions only .
They are the titular heads of the forces so supposedly are representing them .
Andrew and Harry don’t represent anyone.

They are probably afraid Harry would turn up in his Nazi uniform.

2 Likes

Hi

To be honest I am fed up with the whole thing now.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:…Thanks for My first laugh of the day.

2 Likes

I think they’re both to be allowed to wear uniform at the vigil, not sure about the funeral?

It’s a farce, really, what did they all get those medals for? :woman_shrugging:

Reminds me of ‘Allo ‘Allo

3 Likes

I looked at Charles medals from a distance and I did wonder what they were for .

What does it matter what people wear , uniform or just smartly dressed , who cares . I do think they are all over indulged and totally unaware of anything outside their own worlds .

After the funeral they will all disappear back into their indulgent lifes while the rest of the people begin worrying about putting the heating on .

4 Likes

The Palace has reversed its decision to ban Prince Harry from wearing his military uniform at a final vigil for Her Majesty the Queen following a large public backlash.

BBC

The Prince of Wales and the Duke of Sussex will observe the vigil alongside six of their cousins. The royal brothers will both wear military attire for the occasion, after a request from their father, King Charles.

Odd that, who does The King have to make request too?
Why?

1 Like

It’s the Express load of crapadoodle .

And there’s more.

Peter Hunt, former BBC correspondent and presenter, posted five recommendations for the new monarch on Twitter.

He said: “A manifesto for a bold start to the reign of King Charles:

Apologise for his family’s role in the slave trade
Pay inheritance tax
Give Harry back his honorary military appointments
Bring Harry and Meghan in ‘from the cold’
Buy a good pen.”

plus…

original-1940s-collection-vintage_360_842d5d2d9c97f14a6075423d03deb7a6

I believe Andrew was looking to get into the girl guides, but that’s a different story.

2 Likes

I don’t think Charles should make any rash moves whilst grieving to bring H&M back into the family fold.
There are to many hangers on as it is.

As for wearing their military uniforms.
Yes wear uniform associated with their rank while serving in the armed forces.
Not the honorary all whistles and bells uniform/rank given because of HRH status .
I understand several regiments asked to be disassociated with Andrew and regimental badges removed.

3 Likes

I don’t think the rest of Charles supporting cast will allow H and M back into the King Charles 111 road show .

2 Likes

Hi

Two people have had the guts to walk away from “The Firm”

Edward and Harry, good on them.

Princess Anne, whilst not walking away made sure her two children did not get Royal Titles and kept well away.

Her son has basically disappeared and is very rarely reported on, Zara, a name she deliberately chose because it had no Royal connotations at all is only famous because of her own skill and ability in horse riding and the fact that she is happily married to possibly the ugliest rugby player in the world.

The Princess Royal is very hard working and very direct speaking, very direct indeed, but very rarely nasty.

1 Like

That’s not fair.They are all ugly.

1 Like

Hi

Many years ago I played Rugby Union.

That is my excuse for being so ugly.

1 Like

Hey, I have spent a lot of my life at Rugby Union clubs and I can say that all of them have been gentlemen. Even handsome men grow ugly as they get older, but I have never met a rugby player who has a bad personality & they tend to treat ladies much better than many footballers!

1 Like

I haven’t got an excuse.

“Football is a gentleman’s game played by hooligans, and rugby is a hooligan’s game played by gentlemen.

1 Like