I bought a new blue car today

Not an electric vehicle.
It will be a while before I consider an EV. There are very few charging stations here in Western Australia and WA is a very large state at 2.64 million sq km.
The cost of replacement batteries is ridiculous. As is the cost of the EV itself.

1 Like

Just saying nothing bad, promised!

But why are all the cars recently looks the flipping same???

Just a bunch of cockroaches shaped boxes!!! I miss my wee Bluebird

1 Like

That’s a niffy shade of blue. It looks pretty cool. I’m certain the tinted windows will look absolutely smashing.

Enjoy taking delivery of your new wheels tomorrow/today! :026:

There were SUV’s in our supermarket carpark.MG,BMW,Merc,Ford,Toyota and even a Porsche.If it wasn’t for the badges you wouldn’t know the difference.
Would you buy a Porsche that looked like a Ford ???

2 Likes

But every box shaped car from the 70/80s looked very much alike even KITT.

IMG_8367

IMG_8369

Car designs do follow trends over time and look more or less alike.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/g6624/ten-cars-that-kicked-off-major-design-trends/

2 Likes

If you say so.

1 Like

Ouch :090:

1 Like

You’ve done your research so I can’t argue with that.
But personally I’ve never before been unable to distinguish a Porsche from a Ford. :grinning:

1 Like

I used to play a game in the back seat of my dad’s car - guess the car stable and model. Good memories.

But, you are correct, it’s difficult to identify car models and stables nowadays.

2 Likes

What cars do they make in SA?
Holden,a famous old Aussie one ,is not produced at all now.

1 Like

There are no local stables but international stables locally manufactured include:

Ford
Toyota
BMW
Mercedes
Isuzu
Volkswagen
Nissan
Hyundai
Mahindra

2 Likes

They mostly seem to make sports/show cars here now.Nothing you could go to work in :grinning:

1 Like

Exactly my point! You go through Autotrader UK these days and second hand are all the same.

As individual human beings we love individuality. These days, you just can’t do that with cars. Somebody created a model and everyone copied it. Talk about copyright breach on exclusive models.

If I’m to buy a Ford, I want it to look like a Ford. Ours lasted 10 years, till an atrocious garage made a mess of it all. Hubby and I just loved it
1987-1993
1990_Ford_Mustang_GT_5.0_Hatchback_in_Ultra_Blue,_front_right

We had the very first CAR PHONE BOX in the area in this car. It was a huge contraption which fitted between the two front bucket seats. Only available for emergencies!

2 Likes

Good Man!.. :+1:
Electric Vehicle technology has a very long way to go before it can compete with the Internal Combustion Engine. I can honestly say, I will never own an EV.

1 Like

Thank you. I’m sure I will enjoy my new car.
Yesterday afternoon I gave my current car a “little clean” just to have it more presentable for a new owner who is yet to be found. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Highly likely that I will never own an EV as well.
Imagine pulling up at a charge station and all chargers are charging, plus the are 20+ cars waiting their turn.
One would have to book a room overnight and rise early in the hopes of being first cab off the rank.

2 Likes

Or imagine walking to the nearest garage with a large capacitor hoping to return with a charge when the battery goes flat

:zap:

2 Likes

There was an item on the ABC how tourist area are now rushing to provide charging points for EVs

2 Likes

Wondering why they gave up researching on possible use of various oils to power cars?

RAC here speaks of BIOFUELS & BIODIESEL

1 Like

NSW legislated that all servos must sell E10 (10%Ethanol) because Manildra is home to the biggest producer of ethanol in the country.

I used it in my last petrol car with no problems though I wont use it in my generators, mower etc or any motor that sits around idle for any length of time.

E10 is 2c a litre cheaper than unleaded petrol I have a diesel so it is not an issue for me however there are plenty of people than make their own diesel from the waste from deep fryers, chicken shops etc

2 Likes