How Would You Sum Up Your Personality?

I like to think I am…
Kind.
Friendly.
Patient.
Talkative, but can listen too. :grinning:

1 Like

Mups,

Through my eyes you are warm, friendly, helpful and supportive.

But I think you might be brutal to anyone who oversteps your mark.

Who is Mark, anyway?

:crazy_face:

1 Like

I can answer yours summer

Kind
Warm
Caring
Thoughtful
Friendly

I have so many more positive words for you my dear friend but Pauline asked for only 5

My kind of gal

2 Likes

Thankyou for your kind words, Ted.

As for the last part, ‘Brutal’ - moi? :wink:
After many years of being on my own, if I haven’t learned to stand up for myself now, I never will. :grinning:

1 Like

But surely, we know ourselves better than anyone else does? so will agree to disagree on that one.

Example, I’m passionate…a friend says, no you’re not…how would they know?

I’m me :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I’m not sure how I would describe myself! :grinning:

1 Like

I like to think I’m

Kind
Helpful
Loyal
Like a laugh
Honest

2 Likes

:smiley:

1 Like

If we believed what others told us about our personality and how they saw/ perceived it, then I’d be very worried,…you’d end up believing what everyone thought about you…they don’t live with us 24/7 therefore don’t know our personality…they only know their own…they can assume what they see, …it’s just their own opinion on another’s personality.

1 Like

As I said, I can’t agree with you on this one Pauline, so we’ll need to beg to differ. :grinning:
I do agree that we should know what we like better than anyone else, but that is not the same as how others might view our personality at all.

As for you being so ‘passionate’, wouldn’t that depend on who you compare yourself to?
There are no doubt others who are cold and frigid personalities, and in that case they would certainly think you Passionate. But by the same token, some might knock spots of you for demonstrative passion, and think you show very little emotion at all?
Dunno.
That is why we can at best I think, only describe how we think we are, which is possibly not remotely how we come over to others.

Let’s agree to differ. :grinning:

1 Like

Maybe we should post how we see another poster, instead of how we see ourselves!

1 Like

That could so easily be a minefield, Ruthio. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Definitely agree to differ,Mups.

I would never doubt anyone on here, on how they have summed up their personalities,…they know themselves and they know their hearts…it’s got nothing to do with how I think I am…I know “ who” I am…but of course I’m not perfect, we all have off days…it’s not about how others see you, they could say all sorts of nasty things, to get you to doubt your true self and your true personality,…so for me, it’s truly knowing the heart of oneself…the fruit of the Spirit…I think we’re definitely on different wavelengths…and that’s ok, no problem with that,:pray:

Edit to add, it’s really interesting how we see differently …I’m not saying I’m right, …but I’m right in what “. I” believe to be true.

As are you, Mups…it’s great to interact without getting into feisty cuffs,

Of course it is, each one of us is ‘different’ so we are bound to all have our own minds and thoughts. That is what makes us all unique.

Off to start feeding the pooches now. :wave:

2 Likes

Well I would have described myself as:

Talkative
Argumentative
Know-all
Helpful
Creative

So I asked my daughter how she would describe me (without telling her how I saw myself) and she said:

Sincere
Reliable
Honest
Helpful
Loving

I don’t think it’s just a case of people seeing us differently from how we see ourselves - I think both lists above would describe me, and my daughter would probably agree. But perhaps we tend to be a bit harsh in our own self-judgement, and kinder when judging others.

Aww thankyou LQ :slight_smile:

Well I have just asked my friend and he said:

Kind
Caring
Honest
Reliable
Trustworthy

2 Likes

can’r DO five words, how about a paragraph

Grumpy old bugger, obviously.

Yes, that’s true, we know our own faults only too well, perhaps we don’t know our good points

1 Like