How to look after your man

An excellent and very informative post, LQ. You do come up with some very helpful ideas.
I shall ensure that Marge receives a copy.

1 Like

Not only eastern Minxy, but also the way the dutiful Mormon wife is trained as a young spinster. Until I gained one as a friend many years ago I had no idea and I was shocked by what I was told.

1 Like

Bloody hell - just in time for the month of love

You’re welcome

:017:

I don’t believe it,it’s a joke.Even in the early 60’s they wouldn’t come up with stuff like that.
May have been a Private Eye thing.

1 Like

Shocking, yet true

But some of it is alright after all the wife was at home all day and could do these things.

Doesn’t mean women took any notice of that sort of thing,my mother wouldn’t have.

I’d love another perspective where this did actually happen…

Whatdoyoumean?

I’d like to hear from members who mothers may have practiced these techniques and what impact it had (if any).

I actually find that a bit hard to believe … .it’s a hoax surely. Very funny though, if not very PC.

I don’t believe in the 60’s that even that much instruction was taught in any school.
It’ll be a spoof, written ‘by men for men’ …

So how does that one work? Ask her?
Sounds a bit pervy to ask your mother that.

My mother didn’t either but I’m sure my Dad would have been happier if she had . She did have his dinner ready for him but if he was late she would sometimes throw it at him poor man .

1 Like

I’m very lucky.

:grin: :icon_wink:

LOL and So true :wink::grin::+1:

My mum used to make us kids tidy the toys away before dad got home.
The dinner was always ready .
She would brush her hair and put on lipstick .
Being a stay at home mum i had time to do much the same .

1 Like

My comment to PSmith was in response to my second article posted - the Good Housekeeping article. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

The philosopher would probably ask, does a geezer really need a bird? there have been many TV dramas which have explored this concept, none of which I have watched BTW. :grin: :icon_wink: :boxing_glove: