How old is your Desktop/Laptop?

Are you still happy with it? Any problems?
I have a HP Stream laptop. About 5 years old. Bought for about AU$250. Trend Security
I have replaced the battery once.

Very old Dell,we are still chugging along on Windows7

1 Like

My HP laptop is about four years old, but I don’t really use it much. My PC is about two years old and my Ipad is maybe four years old.

I don’t have problems with any of them, apart from a laptop which takes an absolute age to update itself, probably down to its small RAM and slow HD.

1 Like

I have a couple of desktops and several laptops. The laptop I use most of the time is a Dell just over a year old. I also have a netbook several years old, as slow as a wet weekend that I use when I travel overseas. A couple of other laptops are unused except by visitors.

My desktops are older and used for different purposes, both are Lenovos, the newer one is a Legion gaming desktop, why I bought a gaming desktop I don’t know. It is a few years old but happily running Windows 11.

However it is currently driving me up the wall since I discovered that the Ethernet adapter is stuck at 100Mbps, nothing I can do seems to shift it, my other desktop is connected to my LAN at 1Gbps. The manufacturer says it is 10/100/1000 but I have upgraded drivers etc yet it still it only connects at 100. I have tried to force the duplex to 1000 but then it tells me the cable is not connected.

It is getting to the stage where I will connect it via wifi or buy a new adapter. So annoying. Not happy Jan.

1 Like

My HP laptop is 4 years old, not one problem with it. I do my own maintenance, and updates regularly. Recently, I updated to Windows 11, so far no issues.

1 Like

I have a MacBook Air its 7or 8 year old,the battery needs replaceing, its been the one thats stood the test of time , dropped it many times , but its been okay … I had several named ones that all broke when i dropped them, .

1 Like

I have an eighteen month-old 17" Acer notebook with 16 Gigs RAM running on W11 and am completely satisfied with it which I was not anymore with the seven y.o. one I had before. Never had a quieter device.

2 Likes

sorry can’t give any personal details about any of the staff working for me atm?- yes all desktops and laptops are classified as staff in this household

Coincidentally I was pottering about today when I noticed an old computer lurking near my useful electrical things box, dug it out and discovered it contained four 2Tb HDDs which I recovered as well as the power supply and some cables.

One of the drives was buggered - obviously the C: drive from the contents of of the other three drives. Smashed faulty drive with a hammer and it, together with the case, went in the bin (it’s garbage day in the morning).

Formatted the other three drives and installed one of them in my main desktop. I don’t actually need the space but it might come in handy, who knows?

1 Like

2 year old MacBook Pro, 1 year old Surface Pro, 1 year old Acer, 1 year old IBM T420 and a 7 year old MacBook Pro.

All good but the best is the Surface Pro.

1 Like

Lenovo desktop about four years old.

1 Like

I’ve a small Dell laptop I’ve never used :wink:
Love my iPad , must be 4 yrs .

1 Like

27" HP All-in-One QHD (2560 x 1440). Less than a year old. Got other computers and a tablet but the HP is the main one.

1 Like

One of these…an hp, just a year old running windows 11.

It meets all my requirements and I like the colour which is about as technical as I get :wink:

1 Like

I went a bit mad earlier this year, bought two laptops: one biggie, HP, for watching Netflix and a tiny one, MS, very portable. Binned the W10 Lenovo.

1 Like