How often should you wash and change your towels?

Green? I don’t think they should be green

1 Like

You’re just colour prejudiced! Green worms are the equal of all the other coloured worms, so there! Huh!

3 Likes

We have our own bath towels that get washed every few weeks, Since they are used to dry bodies that have just been washed all over, the towels are not considered dirty afterwards. These towels are hung to dry outside in the dry summer. 10 minutes in the tumble-dryer otherwise.

We have our own smaller towels for morning ablutions. My towel is airing outside as I write. Since these towels are strictly personal, they are washed every couple of weeks.

Towels on the towel rails in the bathroom are washed once or twice a week.

I often wonder how water companies keep up with the expectations of cleanliness these days. More of us asking more, especially during lengthy hot spells when it doesn’t rain for weeks. No wonder the aquifers and reservoirs run low.

Anyhow, it seems to me that most of us can expect to reach our 70s and 80s (+) regardless of how frequently we change our towels. Not lasting to that age or getting bugs more frequently probably isn’t down to not washing them often enough.

2 Likes

I try to wash my towels less times than I shower??

Aren’t they a pig to iron though? i bought one set of Egyptian cotton sheets and they were awfully hard work so I gave them to the charity shop. I now buy those labelled “easy care” or “non iron” and as we have a house we rent out for holiday lets, we have a lot to do so I save loads of time not ironing them.

:astonished: Hi oh dear…I’m sorry to hear that.
I don’t iron sheets ,pillowcases yes because I like them to look perfect .
Where I am living you can’t line dry .
In this warm weather I dry laundry on a airer I front of open french doors otherwise I tumble dry.
When dry i smooth and fold … They’re almost crease free.

We’ve got Egyptian cotton sheets…We bought them off a Pyramid salesman…
:grin:

8 Likes

We keep things too clean, we’re designed to fight germs, that’s why i don’t wash my towels too much and it costs more for us and the environment.

2 Likes

Iron ???

I iron nothing much less towel and sheets !

We are retired why do we need anything ironed ?

1 Like

I’ve never ironed towels, sheets or underwear, the only thing these days are hubby’s polyester/cotton shirts, my tops the creases come out when i wear them.

Now that’s a daft joke that did make me laugh! :joy:

1 Like

My pleasure Mrs Boot…
:+1:

Erm…erm… all my bedding is ironed unless it’s crease free bedding.
🫤

When I married my late ex-husband, I learned that his mum (a home executive) ironed his underwear. Well, that didn’t last. No way am I ironing underwear!

1 Like

LIfe is too short to be ironing every day. Does anyone here iron this mountain of towel laundry?

1 Like

Every Ten Baths

When we had visitors stay we had to go and buy one because she likes to iron everything.We generously gave it to them as a parting gift.(They would have had to change the plug but I didn’t mention that)

1 Like

When these threads get so long, I am never sure at which
time to insert a reply or even where?

With that said, I bath daily, shower or bath: I change my
towels twice weekly. I do laundry and wash them once
weekly. Always have back up towels.

1 Like

You can put your post in any place it will always be last.

1 Like

Oh that is good to know and thank you Logan1 :wink:

1 Like

Your welcome LotsaLace :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like