How Is Your Fridge Coping With This Hot Weather?

My very ancient fridge freezer (over 20) is doing just fine and keeping cool things cool and frozen things frozen :cool:

I reward its good behaviour by cleaning and defrosting regularly.

JBR, Thank You, I checked the temperature and it was on 5, so l turned it down to 4 and l hope that helps.
Poor Marge, she has a hard life! :lol:

Bakerman, Thank You for your tip. It did actually have lots of cartons of strawberries, grapes and mushrooms.
I have now taken your advice and taken everything out and rearranged them.

Bratti, Thank You for your advice. As l posted above to Bakerman, l have now rearranged everything.

Fingers crossed!! :slight_smile:

Thank You. Yes, l wondered that too! Pixie.
As l mentioned above it was set at 5 and maybe that was the trouble?

Looks like bakerman was probably the closest and offered the best initial advice.

LongDriver, Thank You, l am hoping that is the answer.

The thing is as l have mentioned recently, my kitchen appliances that l am sure were installed in ?2006 when l had my kitchen done, are getting old!

Thank You, Longy.

That’s a lot of food to waste, especially as there could be shortages of food.

Thank You, Zaphod.
I should have mentioned that it is the ‘fridge’ in a fridge/freezer.
Until, l saw the replies on here, l had no idea that overfilling a fridge caused such problems!
It wasn’t really overfilled, it was more the cartons that took up all the room!

Thank You, Bathsheba.

I have checked the seals and they all seem fine.
I would love to be able to pull it out but it’s built in to the units.

You might remember, it gained fame for having the glass shelf at a crooked angle!!

What a lovely day for you to go and play in the traffic!! Ha!:lol::lol:

JBR, l will organise a food parcel for you… with worms! :lol:

The freezer part is fine, it is just the fridge section that is misbehaving.

I initially misread this thread (I am dyslexic) and thought it said …

‘How is your fringe coming in this weather’

Mine isn’t coping at all, it is limp and damp and as soon as I set foot outside the door it drips perspiration into my eyes :shock:

I feel an invention coming on. A drip strip/tray for hair fringes. Look out for me on Dragon’s Den.

Thank You, Meg.

I did defrost and clean it not long ago and that’s when l put the shelf back in at a crooked angle!

It now seems that my defrosting and cleaning it has had the opposite affect to yours… the shock of it being defrosted and cleaned, has almost killed it!!

Yes, Bakerman did give really good advice.
The other posters did too and l am always truly grateful when members take the time and trouble to help and advise me.

I really mean that…

Dex :slight_smile: I have taken to wearing a cotton bandana on my forehead which raised an odd look from the postman especially as it makes my fringe stick out at an odd angle …

Aw Art , poor fridge :frowning: I am sure it will grow another protective coat very soon…

Meg, you could put your fringe into a mini ponytail, or just cut it straight off, at the roots!!

Very helpful, aren’t l? :lol:

Meg, I have applied for the patent for that. Your people will be hearing from my people as soon as Art gives me permission to come off the central reservation of the Barton Viaduct section of the M60. :mrgreen: