How did it get to this?

Loads of styles and colour mix…l Prefer cotton & lycra they are comfy against 100% cotton & baggy knickers
https://www.marksandspencer.com/MSFindItemsByKeyword?searchTerm=5%20pack%20knickers&filter=Categories%3DSC_Level_1_4772305

1 Like

I expect fully 100% cotton would be impossible as without elastic they would fall down, unless they are ultra tight of course.

1 Like

Not just M&S though - most shops are the same now!

1 Like

They are indeed as Mrs LD has just told me. She also added that Sainsbury’s TU label Midi Briefs are well sized and fit her just right. I’ve gone into the website and this is the result for Luna style which is what she has on now and yes they do look comfortable :+1:
Brands LOVE LUNA Dusty Blue Period Midi Knickers | Tu clothing (sainsburys.co.uk)

LD I’m well past needing "period knickers " and sadly wearing midis .

My clothes shrink when they are in the wardrobe.It’s a mystery.

4 Likes

And another thing - don’t you think they make buying drawers complicated now?
The labels now say things like . . . . High waist, Midi’s, High leg, Brazilian . . . and what the 'eck are ‘Low Rise’ knickers? :thinking:

My wife is long past that stage in her life too (she is 74+), but by buying that variety by mistake, she found that style was more comfortable with more stay-up ability too, so she bought more. I’ve seen the ‘fit’ and I agree with her.

1 Like

Staying up ,yes , the ones I gave away have a pretty deep lace elasticated waistband which was an absolute no no . Synthetic and itchy
Must remember to write a negative review in M&S about that .

I do miss going round an M&S or even Debenhams where you can actually see single knickers sizes ,

Anyway this is more about ladies wondering how much their knicker size has gone up over the years . Is it the manufacturers fault ? There’s a lot of trashy material about even amongst the good old M&S ones. But then it’s a throwaway society today ?

That’s very true, Zuleiker, I have noticed that, too.

1 Like

When M&S stopped doing big cotton knickers ( I like to pull them up to my armpits :laughing:) )I switched to Sloggies , I think Marks stock them now.

1 Like

Mrs LD has dropped a size since fully emerging from the m’pause. Her whole body is overall smaller since, except her top heaviness which IMO has increased …. OUCH!!! I didn’t mean it dear, honest :wink:

Thanks Meg Sloggisc come in different styles but again it’s the way manufacturers size them .That’s why charity shops are benefitting from my still packaged items …minus 1 pr.
To visit my nearest M&S I’d have to take a taxi . Then take the lift up to the 2nd floor …I dare not use the escalator now …thinks back to years when I felt no fear on the deepest London Underground …then I could see all the single items . Maybe tho they don’t even do singles instore?

1 Like

Can’t answer for M&S as I don’t shop there - but have not seen single pairs of knickers on sale in any shop recently.

I know exactly where they’ll sell single pairs. Markets! :slightly_smiling_face:
Fleetwood Indoor market in Lancashire is the one I used to visit when I took a week’s holiday in Blackpool… …long gone days …1990’s.
Took a 14 in those days .

1 Like

Blimey Meg, I Just looked on Sloggi’s website and for 4 pairs of knicks, they want £45.
I’ve never paid that much for undies. :hushed:

Hi Mups these are not so expensive …
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sloggi-Womens-premium-comfort-Knickers/dp/B006YBLRBA/ref=sr_1_7?crid=124LJ9IND6QR1&keywords=sloggi+cotton+pants&qid=1660076634&sprefix=sloggi+cotton+pants%2Caps%2C882&sr=8-7

Hipsters.

Personally I like the seemless stretchy ones from either Tesco or Matalan. Always get black ones.

I thought I was the only one who hated packs of knickers. For several years I wore sloggies. expensive but lasted for ages. Then I discovered M And S did nice midi pants in microfibre. They were perfect and pretty and I bought them for years. You got 3 for price of 2.

Suddenly they stopped doing them about 2 years ago and I asked an assistant why and she said she had no idea but she had had hundreds of ladies complaining that they no longer sold them. She pointed me in the direction of packs and took a pair out and they were nothing like those I wanted. I am using up all the ones I had in stock and then I will have to review the situation.

I always bought M &S , a full brief with a high leg deep lace trimmed in black . £6 a pr. or 3 prs for 2 at one time
There’s nothing like them now .