How can I get motivated?

Today, took out the old toilet and installed the new one in a new position so had to change all the pipe work to suit.

I am beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel now.

Well done.

I’ve applied one coat of the blue, and will do a second tomorrow.

Still undecided as to whether to change the colour in the hallway. Might just do the ceiling (being careful not to splash). Definitely the woodwork has to be done. Can’t wait for that, to see it all freshened up.

If I can start the gloss by Monday, and speak to neighbour about when he can help remove old flooring, I could well be arranging for the carpet very soon. I allowed 8 weeks for this project: seems it will be nowhere near! Well pleased at my progress.

Once I get the new carpet down in the hallway, I’ll check if the two colours go together. I can always paint the walls if I feel it’s needed, at a later date. Yes, with dust sheets!

Fantastic! Keep up the good work,

See, the only motivation you needed were a bunch of nosy so and so’s, like us, who can’t wait to see what it looks like.:lol:

Ha ha. Thanks Twink. It does help having someone to answer to, it’s normally the customer of course.

Have a nice weekend.

Removed the old towel rail and connected the new radiator. Put up a few accessories and took a whole car load of rubbish to the tip.

Excellent, LD.

I’ve been giving my hands a rest, as they blimming well hurt! It was taking those things to the tip wot dunnit…lifting a heavy pc tower. So had two days off.

But I now have my grey emulsion and window frame varnish, so tomorrow it’s all systems go. Will start the emulsion in the morning, then go on to the window frames. By Thursday I should be ready to start glossing the skirtings and door frames, and if so, by Friday I hope to pay balance of carpet and set a date. When that’s confirmed I 'll go back to bedshop and get that ordered, and paid off.

When all dates confirmed, I can then give my 15 days notice to the storage unit to quit. All coming along nicely.

Got Wilko’s ‘Grey Skies’ in silk for the hall, to offset the dark grey carpet. And I’ll be repainting the currently grey frames back to white.

Was looking at melamine paint in Wilko today and they have a lovely grey colour. But I’m still looking at another outlay of minimum £25, as they recommend primer too. That’s if one tin will suffice.

Also at the weekend I hope to buy a radiator cover in Homebase for the bedroom. Will be cheaper than paying for an electrician to remove it.

And annoyingly, when I visited the paint recycling shop today, I found the exact colour to match the hall walls, but of course I’ve changed the order, from Sand to Granite. Grrrrrr. Only £2.50, and it would have been enough.

Nothing wrong with a couple of days off Jazzi. All seems to be moving on that’s the main thing. You are doing well.

Thank you.

Have now dot & dabbed plasterboard onto the wall where the plaster fell off. Just got to tape and fill the joints. Never done this before but looking good so far.

Well done, LD. Keep at it.

I’ve started cutting up the carpet by the radiator legs, started in the hall, and managed to get that one clear. Tried the bedroom one, but my neighbour has promised to finish that off when he pulls up the whole thing for me on Wednesday. I’ve asked him to leave it down, but in strips, so I can just roll them up just before fitter arrives the next day. I don’t want bare concrete overnight.

Have cut strips from the edges in the hall and tomorrow will do second coat on all woodwork (door frames and skirting). The bedroom will have to wait till Wednesday, if he is in early.

I’ve only got Friday to pack my suitcase for my little break, unless I start tomorrow after painting.

I spent today opening up allotment trading shed, so I could have a few hours outside, after being cooped up indoors yesterday still working.

The weather has been so nice so best t make the most of it while you can. keep up the good work Jazzi.

I plan on sunbathing next week while down in Bournemouth!

Done my second coat on the hallway woodwork, and continued just a little bit into the bedroom, ie all the door frame, and the skirting behind the door, as that is quite small.

I badly needed a coffee so have stopped for a break.

Silly me, I bought a new tin of gloss in Morrisons the other day as it was only a fiver, but it looks like I won’t be needing it! Still, it can store somewhere till sometime in the future.

Let’s hope the weather stays nice for you. I know it is going to be nice this week.

My neighbour scraped up all the glued down bits of carpet this morning and offered to help roll the sections up tomorrow and discard in the outside bins. But on a whim I decided to continue with it this afternoon. The underlay had been reduced to green dust in most parts so it was down with dustpan and brush, broom and finally the vac. Eventually I was done.

Settling down after a hot shower and hairwash I get a phone call. ‘Hello. We’re coming tomorrow to do your carpet. And we might get you out of bed. Does 8 to 8.30 sound ok?’

And as there’s two of them I can leave the bed in there and they’ll move it.

Phew…how glad I am that everything is now ready. :lol::lol:

Better not tell allotment friend that she was right!!

Carpets are down, and I’ve made two trips to the storage unit, bringing back the bedroom telly, the other electrical bits that sit on the shelves in the tv unit, the stereo and speakers, a small cd player, a few more items of clothing, the small stand that I made (holds two drawers, and the stereo is sitting on the top), a beach mat, and my new bedding (the first set I bought).

Doing another clothes wash, and tomorrow I shall pack my suitcase, and try and find time to pop out to a train station and collect Sunday’s tickets.

Saturday is the Pet Show.
Sunday, off on me jollies!!

LD, how you getting on?

Just one thing, not had anyone interested in my bed so hoping the council will take it.

Excellent news. Glad you have finished and can now relax.

Got to seal the plasterboard tomorrow so that it is ready for wallpapering but will be laying board and floor tiles first.

I can definitely see light at the end of the tunnel though.

enjoy Bournemouth.

Well done, LD, and thanks, I hope to.

I haven’t reported back for a while but I have now boarded and tiled the floor, grouted, painted, and wallpapered a feature wall. It’ finished apart from a few last little bits like some boxing in, putting up the loo roll holder etc. Almost there but Hall & landing next.

Feel tired reading this :lol: well done LD I bet it looks great…