How Can Anyone Not Like Garlic?

I think it’s because the starch from the pasta goes in the water. It sort of emulsifies withe the oil and garlic and makes it creamier

2 Likes
2 Likes

There’s a highly effective home made cough / chest remedy where you mix minced garlic with honey. Due to the large number of cloves needed it absolutely stinks though.

This one is a variation where you just pour the honey over the cloves - you have to “burp” it every few days

1 Like

Apparently this only works if you boil your pasta without salt/seasoning, otherwise bye bye plant.

2 Likes

Exactly, unless you’re lucky enough to have garden very, very close to a beach or estuary.
Sea samphire springs to mind… delicious!

2 Likes

Wild garlic pesto, swimming in extra virgin olive oil.

2 Likes

Give me the jar, a spoon, and I’ll just be in the corner over there. I’ll update you when its finished. :joy:

2 Likes

You’d be more than welcome, it’s all gone now alas, it doesn’t stay fresh for long, not even in the fridge, no chemicals or preservatives :wink:

1 Like

No, definitely ponk!

2 Likes

I won’t buy Chinese garlic. Today, l bought a three pack garlic in M&S for 60p. It is from Spain

I only buy good Australian garlic , grown in Australia for Australian families, none of that foreign rubbish here. Spain? Pah! It’s had their nasty EU hands all over it and now you are going to eat it? You must have a death wish :wink:

2 Likes

Are you trying to worry me? :laughing:

Garlic is a fantastic natural antibiotic, however go easy on it - it can give you an upset tummy and too much may end up being bad for you. It can also cross the blood-brain barrier, and some people won’t eat it because of that:

Personally I’ll only have it if I feel like I need to take an antibiotic, or just a little now and again with food :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s a new one on me … blood-brain barrier.

I just read the article.

We’d have people in our testing programs come back from lunch and we would find that their brains looked clinically dead on an encephalograph, which we used to calibrate their progress. We would ask, “Well, what happened?” They would say, “Well, I went to an Italian restaurant and there was some garlic in my salad dressing!”

sounds scary.

1 Like

I adore Garlic! I add it everywhere!

2 Likes

Everywhere? On your cornflakes? :grinning:
And welcome.

3 Likes

maybe hangs it in door ways , keep the Vampires away :kiss:

welcome jessiejim

3 Likes

Oh please!
I love being lavish with garlic, wild, smoked or otherwise, It hasn’t killed me yet;)

1 Like

I remember going into town aged 5 with my grandmother. We saw tomatoes for sale, she said they are from Africa where people don’t wash their hand after going to the toilet. I loved her but yet that was a real eye-opener.

1 Like

I can’t bear garlic and couldn’t eat anything it’s in. If someone has been eating garlicky food they don’t realise how far the smell travels when they speak.
It’s an antisocial food!

1 Like