Honda Jazz TPMS problem

I bought a Honda Jazz a couple of years ago, I am relatively happy with it but the irrational tyre pressure warning light coming on for no reason frustrates me, Problem is it came on for my partner twice in succession and each was caused by a puncture. So I cannot ignore the light and have to stop and check, Not a major issue but inconvenient.

1 Like

Do you think it’s due to a loose wire connection,David?

A puncture you say, my son had problems with a faulty wire in his car, some light kept coming on for no reason.

A lot of technology in cars of today that’s for sure.

we had exactly the same thing with Sue’s honda civic. Kept taking it to main dealer and they kept saying it was a general fault. In other words they didn’t want to know. It was not until the garage moved to a new location and different mechanics knew the problem and sorted it.
Apparently there is a slight tolorance of about 5per cent in the setting with the TPMS system and Honda are sending out cars on the closest to the correct tyre pressure. The Honda garage should be able to widen that tolerance on the diagnostic equipment. Don’t let them say they can’t because they can but too damn lazy or don’t know how.

Since they did Sue’s no more problems

Oh and by the way one excuse was a different dot date on the replacement tyre as Sue burst one on a pothole, this is a load of bollo*ks as is saying different make and tyre tread. Heard all the lame excuses because they have no idea how to do the alteration in diagnostics.
No good going to honda head office they just refer you back to the dealership

I think eventually the problem is solved. Honda mechanic told me ideally I should have same tyre make and range on the same axle. Done this after a split tyre and a worn tyre, and no issues to report after 3 months. Will work out expensive if I do it regardless though.