Hi from London

Hi everyone ,
Hope everyone is well.
In all my excitement I just jumped onto the forum without properly introducing myself.
I’m Mike from London,I’ve been hovering on this site for a while now and decided when I hit 55 to take the leap and sign up. I’ve got plenty of interests and hobbies and always willing to learn and try something new.( like finally learning how to swim at 53…then lockdown happened ).Next on my bucket list is teaching myself how to play chess. Did all my travelling as a youth and now just need to rest my old bones and hopefully once things get back to some sort of normal is to explore more of the UK, used to love visiting Margate as a kid.
Looking forward to making new friends .

Cheers Mike

Hello Mike :slight_smile: a warm welcome to Over50sForum……

Hello Mike :slight_smile: welcome…

Hi Mike/Roj from me.

Hi and welcome

Chess I used to play a lot of when a teenager. It is one of those games that really make you think about 4/5 moves ahead. Lived in the South of London for many years then moved to the West midland and finally ended up in East Sussex to retire.

Hi Mike and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time on Over50sForum. :039:

Welcome RB :smiley:

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum

Hi and welcome, another recent member here.

Welcome to the forum Mike.

Welcome Roj … :039: I always wondered what happened to Blake after Avon shot him dead in that bloody showdown. Glad to learn you survived.

Thanks
Hows Gomez btw ?

Hiya Roj/Mike from another southern hemisphere Mike! I learned to play chess when I was a boarder at Colchester Boys High School. The headmaster was Mr Wells, a nephew of H,G,Wells of War of the Worlds fame! Mr Wells was a champion chess player but I wasn’t. I taught my 6 year old grandson how to play but he didn’t beat me until the eighth game!
I’ll send my new tutor over!

Hi from London.

H&F to be precise. :wink: