Hey how do you make friends when you’re over 50? I’m pretty cool but not sure how to reach out for stuff like that…

Hey I’m not sure what “forum” to put this in but I am a 58-year-old female who is looking for friends, to talk to hang out with potentially travel… why does this sound so pathetic? I’m really not pathetic at all I’m a pretty cool person but I grew up as a military brat so don’t really have many lifelong friends and I recently retired and I’m feeling lonely. Oh my God, the more I write the more pathetic this sounds but I’m gonna do it anyway because I would really like to make some friends. I love travel, photography, sports, especially Seattle Seahawks and Georgia Bulldogs football, I love music… looks like I’ve almost hit the maximum number of words I guess but hopefully someone Will respond to this thread. It’s awkward but worth a shot. Peace :v:

11 Likes

I have several friends along your west coast and they belong to some kind of veterans support/social club. They always seem to attending events and sending me videos that show me how much fun seems to be involved. Have you given any thought about joining clubs?

2 Likes

Hey Sherrt, great to meet you, I can tell we will get along fine, you sound like a natural at being yourself.
Just join in the conversation on the forum, so we can get to know you, once you reach trust level 2 you will be able to send a pm.

Peace be with you,:pray:

3 Likes

Hello!

A warm welcome to OFC!
:slightly_smiling_face:

I hope you enjoy your time here!

2 Likes

Hello Sherrt13 :slightly_smiling_face: welcome…

2 Likes

Hi @Sherrt13 and welcome to Over 50 chat.
Joining this forum was a good place to start to meet new people. I’m sure there is plenty on here to keep you entertained.
Plus there a number of members here from the US. :wave::grinning:

2 Likes

Hello Sherri

Welcome and nice to meet you. :wave:

2 Likes

:wave:

WELCOME

2 Likes

Hi Sherrt13 and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time on Over50sChat. :039:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, Sheert13. You will find several topics soon that suit your interests and won’t find the time to respond! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay.

2 Likes

Helloo Sherrt :slight_smile: I’m not going to say welcome because I have been ordered to.But Hello:) and I hope you enjoy yourself here.
The only thing I know about the Seahawks is Frazier’s dad supported them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome. Glad you’re here.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome.

2 Likes

Hello Sherrt13 :slightly_smiling_face: a warm welcome to Over50sChat…….

2 Likes

Hi Sherrt13 welcome :wave:

1 Like

I don’t know if you’re looking for suggestions, but since you seem to want local contacts and you’re in the US, you might want to try meetup.com You can join groups local to you that are doing stuff together.

You put in the area you’re in and it shows the groups in your area. If nothing else, it might give you an idea of what people are doing in your area.

People always recommend this to me but it’s not what I’m looking for. Maybe it will fit you better.

2 Likes

Thank you !

2 Likes

Hello Sherrt13 :slightly_smiling_face: welcome to OFC :smiley:

1 Like