1 Like

Hiya Tallu… welcome from West Sussex !

1 Like

Hi Summer! Thank you for your welcome!

1 Like

Thank you! Pleased to meet you!

1 Like

Tallu

I’m pleased that you are enjoying the company here. I think there a nice bunch people here. I know I commented that I am a grumpy old Scotsman from the hills near Kirriemuir famed for J. M. Barrie if Peter Pan fame. But I moved to England many decades ago and now we lived in Yorkshire. I travelled quite a bit for my job including Manchester quite often so not far from us. Good to be here !

2 Likes

Hi Tallu A big welcome from the south coast :wave:t2:

Its nice to meet another northerner! Do you miss Scotland? I have always lived in Manchester and although there are things I would change about where I live, I would still miss it. If that makes sense? Thank you for being so welcoming!

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Welcome to the site lot of interesting people and postings here. i am also from Manchester originally but living in ireland for over 38 years now. wife kidnapped me back in 1985 and brought me here to clare southern ireland.

1 Like

Nice to meet a fellow Mancunian! I bet its lovely and green in Southern Ireland!

1 Like

Do I miss Scotland? Maybe not so much now. I went to school in Kirriemuir then Edinburgh for my studies. After that a colleague and I went into business in Watford. That was fifty years ago. In that time I travelled on business in quite a few countries but now I’m retired. We moved up to Yorkshire to be a bit closer to the family.

Sounds like you are very well travelled. I am a bit of a home body - I get homesick if I spend too long away from home.

Maybe it is a family thing, the travelling thing. I have three children and they travelled a bit - South Africa, Taiwan, Australia and a few other places. My younger daughter went to Ukraine as part of her botany degree studies. And my sister also travelled and spent about 20 years in Jamaica. And my dear wife from Georgia, USA, so yes we have travelled a wee bit…:slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a wee bit! Sounds like between you, you have been practically all over the world! The farthest my family have spread is Leicester!

Yes, Leicester. You travelled that far! Sorry for me teasing…:(.
This is where we lived in Scotland.

1 Like

Ooh I’d love living there! Lots of space and country air! Is the dog chilling out in the photo yours? He looks to be enjoying the sunshine!

just one of the roads i was driving on few days ago doing my deliveries

1 Like

Yes, lots space and in the hills. I used to cycle to school and that was six miles each way and very hilly. Yes, my dog and I walked for miles. After I retired I got another dog much like my old one. Very sadly, he passed away just a few days ago.

1 Like

Oh that is sad about your dog! I am sorry. He looks a lovely dog in the photo. He seems to be looking intently at someone not in the picture. Would that be you? I love the view from the road. Reminds me of some of the holidays I have had in Scotland and Wales. Very picturesque! I have a cousin who learned to build stone walls like those working on a farm here in the north of England!