Hello from Alan, Norfolk, UK

Meet G4zsr but in France though…
Welcome Alan and have spent a really good afternoon with friends from Norfolk…West Winch/Wynch… but have a home here nearby to us but just in another region called Vienne…

2 Likes

Intriguing. Welcome to forum.

2 Likes

Hello Alan :slightly_smiling_face: welcome,

2 Likes

Hi Alan and welcome from somewhere rural ‘out in the sticks’ UK.
I’m actually in the next county to you, ‘just down the road’ so to speak.
I hope you enjoy your time on Over50sForum. :039:

2 Likes

Hi Alan,

Welcome to OFC…

Interesting hobbies :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello Alan, Welcome to OFC, like Minxy said, interesting hobbies. Enjoy the chat, look forward to your posts

2 Likes

West Winch, is a small village Just outside of Kings Lynn. I know it well. I am M0LSX. It took me a while to get round to the licence, as I spent several years broadcasting on 48 meters etc.

2 Likes

Hi Alan
:pig:

2 Likes

Hi Alan

Welcome and nice to meet you. :039:

2 Likes

Do not know of 48 Metres Alan obviously know 40 metres well.
I studied with my Husband and friends at evening College(friends from the CB days group) … we all passed our exams. Then went on to do the morse code part… which I did not like at all…Morse Tutor, wherever I went that damn thing followed me…Even on Holiday that year in Spain…on the beach most people enjoying there relaxation …me plugging away at the morse tutor thingy…must add though it was it was a good way of learning it…
Well I passed soon after and then became G4ZSR and happy with that.
Good to see you posting…

1 Like

48 meters is around 6.200 to around 6.350 mhz. It is used by hobby free radio stations. Normally using low power, 10 - 30 watts, home made transmitters. Back in my day, often a simple self oscillating 807. Now something solid state.

I never really did the CB thing.

Well I remember 6.6 was a Big NO…But CB was good when younger, made many friends and met up with people socially, best place was 10 Pin Bowling…that was something we carried on playing when we moved to Bexhill in 2000… Family followed us there and still do live in Bexhill.
The 10 Pin Bowling Alley was knocked down and Marks and Spencer was the replacement…Progress they call it…I do not…
Our Transmitters are Kenwood and it is just a hobby to us, so never wanted to be into techno at all…

Have a Telescopic Tower with a 3 Element Beam here, we had on the removal truck when moved here end of 2014…a G5RV long wire to repair from the last storm, also knocked out one of our satellites on the Chimney top…well out of our reach, so that will be a pro to come out sometime soon.

just gives any one else a little info into the world of Amateur Radio and a basic Wire Antenna

have a vertical 5 band & a 40 through 6 meter off centre dipole. Plus I like portable operation & enjoy putting wire up into the air under one of my kites. The following image is of my Cody Kite. Cody being an American who came to the UK to promote his man lifting kites. John Simpson, I think it is, is a descendent of Cody’s. Cody was also the first man in the UK to make a powered flight.

My Cody has a 5 - 6 foot wingspan & is a very steady, stable flier.

319_1053030086438_3317_n

Outside I have a vertical that gives me 80 through to 10 meters, plus a VHF/UHF vertical that I only now use for my scanners.

I love special event operating & try to get involved in JOTA as often as I can & I am currently talking to a local Guide leader about getting them on air for Thinking Day on the Air.

My main callsign is M0LSX, but I also hold my wifes great grandfathers callsign G3KNE. Tony, the real G3KNE, was a whitestick operator who died in 1970. just months after my wife was born. Tony lost his site to a sniper at Ypres & gained his licence via RAIBC. The blind & invalid club…

1 Like

I have a vertical 5 band & a 40 through 6 meter off centre dipole. Plus I like portable operation & enjoy putting wire up into the air under one of my kites. The following image is of my Cody Kite. Cody being an American who came to the UK to promote his man lifting kites. John Simpson, I think it is, is a descendent of Cody’s. Cody was also the first man in the UK to make a powered flight.

My Cody has a 5 - 6 foot wingspan & is a very steady, stable flier.

319_1053030086438_3317_n.jpg

Outside I have a vertical that gives me 80 through to 10 meters, plus a VHF/UHF vertical that I only now use for my scanners.

I love special event operating & try to get involved in JOTA as often as I can & I am currently talking to a local Guide leader about getting them on air for Thinking Day on the Air.

My main callsign is M0LSX, but I also hold my wifes great grandfathers callsign G3KNE. Tony, the real G3KNE, was a whitestick operator who died in 1970. just months after my wife was born. Tony lost his site to a sniper at Ypres & gained his licence via RAIBC. The blind & invalid club…

The times I have double posted…It happens as you think as it is still in the box …it has not posted…then hey presto…doubled…
haha is best thing for that…
Yes some of the mobile sets up are great…Like the reasons behind them…
For me the straight contests…that’ll be me turning the switch,off

I have just one Photo of Husband and myself whilst camping, with a table and the station, it was easy to set up with our Honda Generator for power…if the campsite was without electric hookups really could not do with out it…Still got it but it is due for a service now…

1 Like

Hello Alan…good to see you here

1 Like

Hello Alan …welcome to OFF

1 Like

Hello from a fellow spider :slight_smile: :spider:

1 Like

Do you keep any?

No I do not have any as pets. :slight_smile:

1 Like