Hello everyone from London

Hi Bev

Nice to have you onboard, look forward to your future posts.

Have to say what a great name Bev is, from one Bev to another hehe

Lion Queen (Bev)

1 Like

O M G another Bev to contend with :scream: :scream: Only joking. Welcome Bev, I hope you enjoy yourself here.

2 Likes

Hi Bev

Hope you enjoy your time here. :wave:

1 Like

Hi Bev,

Lovely name :slightly_smiling_face:

Welcome to OFC!

1 Like

Helloooooo Beverley and welcome to the forum :039:

Hi again Bev. London is a big place. My son is near east London and my sister, another Scot, is in Pinner. How about you - nothing specific, just local ish region?

Hi Butterscotch

Sorry for the late reply, I’m still finding my way around the forum.
I work in healthcare and do shiftwork,suppose it’s one of the joys of being single.
So I’m up late at night sometimes.

Anyway my lunch break has just finished so I better get back to the grind.

1 Like

Hi Besoeker

I’m in North London.

Looking forward to your choice of Avatar…no pressure… :innocent:

1 Like

My birthplace that is and where I spent my growing up years,
rather a larger place than it used to be I believe.
:grinning:

1 Like

Well I am blonde.
One of my favourite actresses.

1 Like

I was going to use the real me for my Avator… but thought better of it… :innocent:

1 Like

I grew up watching this on a Saturday evening after CHiPs…drool drool

1 Like

Thank you. I lived in Watford for many years - it’s where my children grew up. Now they are in their forties! It sort of borders North London and I regularly had business in Kingsbury. And quite a friends in Harrow.

Hello Bev.
.I was born in Croydon, South of London, have seen many things change there over the years…

…Childhood memories of the Town are mostly good 50’s/60’s, but the town is now Bankrupt these past few year now.
It speaks trillions about the misuse of the 'pot… what has occurred over many years since the By Pass build disaster…complete cock up, basically…
How is your area fairing…?

1 Like

Hello Dianne
The whole of London has been over developed and not just in the square mile,the skyline is full of skyscrapers even in the 'burbs,the high streets are full of fast food takeaways and pound shops.
In my area lots of the houses have been extended and that means multiple occupancy which then equates to more cars etc etc and the council can barely cope.
I have to be honest when the lockdown came last year I enjoyed the silence.But now things are back to normal .
I managed to buy a 2 bed flat in a house conversion after my divorce.
My goal is to move out of London in a few years time. I’ve been checking out some of the other posters pictures…soooo envious.
I see you are in France that must be lovely all that fresh air and fresh food.

Hello Besoeker

You probably would’nt recognise any of those areas now,If they are like the rest of London and the suburbs they will have been so over developed and over crowded now,
It’s a far cry from our childhoods…But it’s progress as the politicians keep on saying from their mansions in the countryside.

Yes, I can Imagine. But some of the tradition buildings have seen the test of time. My sister had The Eve and Adam pub in Petty France near to Bucking Palace, The outer areas, not so much I agree.

I moved out of Watford when I retired. We moved to Yorkshire two years ago. Lovely neighbours and a gentler pace of life. Perhaps too is part of where we are living - we live in a cul-sac - so it’s quiet.

If your goal is to move out of London Yorkshire is not a bad option. Outdoor camping in the Dales?

1 Like

Beverley,

I think it’s great that your parents named you after the Capital of one of the Thriddings!

Welcome!

1 Like

I worked in London in the 60’s but commuted from Reading.The Thames Valley is a good place to live ,if you can afford it :slight_smile:

1 Like