Having Your Own Space

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :money_mouth_face:

Oh !!!I thought it was abstinence

Nope, definitely absence…

1 Like

Listen to minx and you’ll be OK. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

We like our own time and space…
…We have some different interests also…and some different Friends.
…We don’t need to be in each others ‘arms’ for any long periods.
…We are together in bed for many hours…we go out together.
So we do spend time apart as well as lot of time together.
…Have plenty to talk about the more time we are apart as well…

3 Likes

That’s wonderful Di! I’m glad you both have it worked out! Now if only he would pack his smalls away!

1 Like

He did today…As I literally threw them at him…Netball came in handy,

2 Likes

Plenty of space for us. Might be a little more of a squeeze when we have six of us over for Christmas for a couple of weeks but the kids have their own bedrooms and the adults double beds.

1 Like

I have always enjoyed having ‘my own space’ but think it has become more so since lockdown.
I am thinking of applying for one of those a hermit caves where the monks in the monastery above pass food down in a basket …

1 Like

I built an Office, for personal use. :biking_man: :bike:

1 Like

Same here Pauline, but I have my sun lounge & he has his room, so we do get on OK. Most of the time. :grinning:

1 Like

I have a four bedroomed house, a double car port and a double garage/workshop on a quarter acre block all to myself, seems like enough to me.

Funny thing is with my first wife I don’t think we were ever apart until we separated permanently, my second wife buggered off leaving me with the kids, over the years they left home to pursue their own lives. Basically everything has worked out perfectly.

1 Like

All the space I need is in my head. I can do anything I want in there. I can think, dream, plan, have fantasies, participate in reality, romanticise. Anything I want, and nobody gets hurt.

In the real world, we have a decent sized garden and I have a workshop attached to our garage a few paces from our back door, so there is enough room for me to go out and play on my own if I want to.

If my Lovely Cousin is not in my arms or next to me holding my hand, I am comforted by the knowledge that she is only a few paces away from me.
I never want nor need space away from her.

2 Likes

Since we have our own hobbies we have as much time to ourselves as we need.
My husbands 24 x 24 garage with all
His favourite tools helps lots.

I am on my own most evenings…hubby does his own thing. Im OK with my own company well me and the cat :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

I just go fishing.

The littlies love it, great fun and infinitely better than shoe shopping with Mum.

Mum appreciates it as well, she has her own space and time.

I do get in trouble from time to time when the littlies give the game away.

1 Like

Having my own space is quite important to me - they say that if you don’t enjoy your own company then you can’t expect other people to! Our dining room has become my bolt hole, where I have my sewing machine, overlocker and embroidery machine, all my fabric stash, lots of craft resources, and an iMac. There is also a TV and an Amazon Echo, so I can quite happily live in there while Mr B does his own thing elsewhere :grinning:

2 Likes

Bedroom 3 is my “office” where I spend an hour or so virtually every afternoon.

2 Likes

Mrs d00d has a spare bedroom … she keeps wardrobes full of cloths, does sewing, treadmill, plays her CDs, watches TV.

I have the biggest room in the house, the front room where most might have a 3 piece suite aimed at a TV. It’ my office, I haven’t worked in 20 years, but back in the 90s the biggest room was my office, with my desk, my things.

2 Likes