Having one of 'those' days!

Did the same recently. Left debit card at home and only had just over £20 cash with me, so had to seriously pull back on the shopping and add it up as I went along.

1 Like

Sorry you have all had such a bad day, but I have just been cheered up.
One of my cats has been suffering with this heat & becoming dehydrated. Over the last few weeks he has been to see 2 vets who both suggested a blood test costing £350. Today I rang the vet and said I want his constipation & dehydration checking & if their vets cant help I want to speak to a senior vet. So Cameron phoned me & gave basic advice on how to deal with the problem and if he isn’t much better by the end of next week he may have to put him on a drip for a few hours.
He suggested that it was ok to give him milk, & Katalax twice a day, when the younger vets told me not to, so I just took Rudi a bowl of milk with water & his has drunk half of it already, so I am feeling a bit less stressed now!

3 Likes

@Twink55 does your cat eat wet or dry food? I ask as my cats both had kidney issues as they got older and I added water to their wet food I never fed dry. . @Mags may even recall.

1 Like

Lol SilverT.
I think i will be going in early hibernation on the next Friday the 13th.
Isnt it good though that we can still laugh about our balls up,so to speak.

1 Like

Hi

I had two home visits this afternoon.
The first one had a student with him who thought I looked rather pale.

Half an hour after they left my PTSD lady arrived. By that time I was feeling unwell, sweating heavily and In pain. She overruled me and I’m fine etc, called the ambulance and 6 hours later here I am in Resus flat on my back, with 2 drips in with erratic blood pressure and heart rate.

I am being kept in.

3 Likes

Oh no - poor you. Hospital in a heatwave is not funny for a healthy person - let alone someone with your multiple problems! I hope you are soon home again.

1 Like

Think you need to time your “episodes” a bit better Swimmy. Try to put them off until the colder months when your garden doesn’t need your attention and, more importantly, you can save some cash by your house not needing the heating on while you’re in hospital

Some strategist you turned out to be.

Joking aside, keep well. And stop thinking about Brexit!!!

1 Like

@swimfeeders … take care Swimmy. Hope they let you out soon.

Wishing you well Swimmy, hope they don’t keep you in too long this time.

Rudi always has wet food because he struggles to drink water & is also a fussy eater… so he also gets a bit of chicken most days. Mr Grey & Tammy like dry food so Ieave a bowl of dry food each day for them but try to entice them with wet food in this hot weather!
Some food gets wasted so I give it to the birds & currently have the best fed birds in town! :rofl:

Swim, you need to accept that Hospital may become your temporary rest home when needed.
You tell us I can no longer do some things & the minute you feel better you post that you are in the garden doing them. We are all guilty of this behavior… doing things we shouldn’t when we feel good… but being so ill means you have do as you are told.
Just remember that if you keep being a naughty boy, some of the ladies here well be round to sort you out… and we are not as kind as the hospital nurses! :laughing:
Look after yourself and don’t do too much, because you can always chat on here if you get bored!

Well that’s not much of a threat, is it? He would love that :heart_eyes:

Joking apart, though, I hope you get through this latest episode and get back home soon, @swimfeeders. Keep fighting the good fight.

1 Like

Well at least you are in the right place swimfeeders.
6 bloody hours ? no wonder your blood pressure is all over the show.
I hope you get sorted and you get back home safe and well, asap.
Make sure you take any advice given, when our NHS is working,it cant be beaten.

Hi

Rather than start a new thread thought I would add this here.

I was hoping to be home soon ,as soon as I had good blood tests.

Then told today the lab want 3 consecutive clear blood tests.

The last ones hydrolysed, so start again.

The lady could not get blood this morning so young doctor arrived and took blood from my foot.

Then casually mentioned, thinking that I knew it was not just blood tests, it was cultures as well, which can take ages.

I have been taken off the list for review of being medically fit for discharge.

Not the best of news but hoping to see a consultant with a sense of humour who will let me out.

3 Likes

What would happen if you discharged yourself against their advice? Am sure it wouldn’t prevent them from treating you again the next time you have a bit of gyp (ie tomorrow!!)

Keep your chin up Swimmy , these things cannot be rushed , just make plans for when you home again .

When you day ‘Cultures’ Swimmy, are you talking about faeces cultures?
Why would that take ages then?
The veterinary lab I use has the results within 24 hrs.

1 Like

Do you also use them for a Cat Scan and/or full Lab(rador) report?

1 Like

Stoppit! Behave yourself. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

At least I didn’t mention the pet(ri) dish.