Have you ever peed in a pool?

As a child, often; as an adult, only in “emergencies”.

No,she never went in the pool,just stood and gave orders butterscotch. :rofl:

1 Like

Not when you were looking. She could have been a secret pool pee-er. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:rofl:i wouldn`t be overly shocked tbh.

1 Like

When I read those quotes, makes me not want to swim in public pools. :hushed: :grimacing:

Quite right too!
I think I’d rather take a dip in the sea…Oh, wait a minute :thinking: :face_vomiting:

As a kid, I think I did pee one time.

No pee in our pool at home though. No little kids here and no pets that swim…

Yes - in school, but only cos all the boys were bragging about doing it (funny how us boys would wear rule breaking like some sort of badge of honour :lol:)

I don’t use swimming pools now because of all the bleach in them… and let’s not forget people actually poo in them as well! Often in the sauna we would have a sudden influx of people who were told to leave the pool temporarily as somebody as had ‘an accident’ - all they’d do is fish it out and chuck some more bleach in there :nauseated_face:

Actually I have and the lifeguard banned me……I was on the diving board at the time

I’m a sea swimmer and I don’t even pee in the sea, let alone a public pool, gross!

I’m not a fan of public swimming pools, too warm for me, like getting in someone else’s bath water, or maybe that’s the pee warming them up!

I’ve been told that when pools smell most strongly of chlorine, that’s when they have most pee in them because the smell is chlorine reacting with the piddle! It isn’t chlorine that smells - you’re smelling something called Chloramine that get released when chlorine comes into contact with sweat, body oils etc.

We do have one very nice Lido in Bristol where they keep the chlorine levels low by asking everyone to do naked showering before they get in and providing free Lido friendly shower products

Some folks on here have their own Pools, and have Peed in them, some folks have just peed regardless.

Would it not smell of ammonia if that was true? Put a tiny amount chlorine bleach in your toilet then piss in it, tell us what it smells of.

1 Like

Eugh, no thanks! That doesn’t sound like my kinda hobby at all! :rofl: You retired people have far too much time on your hands!

But no, apparently chloramines smell of chlorine

And it’s the chloramines that sting your eyes and irritate your lungs and skin :scream:

2 Likes

Slashing in the Pool seems to be rife, I bet it’s summat to do with “Pee’er Pressure”. :swimming_man: :swimming_woman:

Wasn’t there a chemical that could be added that turned the water near the person who was peeing a different colour?, not sure if it’s used widely

That would discriminate against the “Doggy Paddlers”.

When a small kid…

Wonder if an anxious trainee swimmer has ever “Dumped” in a Pool?

In a public swimming pool usually each time I use one. You know the phrase ‘silent P as in swimming’. Sorry Ferry Pool Oxford. At least it masks out the chlorine smell.

I’m shocked by the % of yes votes here. I’ve never even thought of doing this. Someone I was with once said they wouldn’t go swimming for this reason but I laughed it off as didn’t know just how big a problem it was!