Have you ever had a nickname?

I had two or three over the years.
In Junior School I was known as Cuthbert.
Because I looked like a TV character in Cuthbert and Claude.
I cannot remember the programme.
I will have to google it.
To my daughter and her friends, I was known as Captain Underpants. This was (is) I frequently lounge in the house in just my underpants. This is Ok to do this but I sometimes have to hurry to find my shorts if there is a delivery to sign for.
But I did have a bit of a problem with a neighbour, who complained to the police when I went out into the garden to the rubbish bin. I had a visit from the support officers and told to be a little bit more discreet.
In work, I was known as Rumour Control because of my tendency to gossip and not keep secrets.:lol:

Only a couple of indoor nicknames :smiley:

My daughter always calls me Mumsy and Mr Mags often calls me Kiddo. :smiley:

From my early teens to very early 20’s I was known as “Slasher”. With good reason, but I’m NOT going to enlarge on it. I’ve moved on.

Scally which is short for Scallywag;-)
You can draw your own conclusions as to why I was labelled with that:lol:

I have had several, some not printable, luckily none used now.

Lion Queen :mrgreen:

Coz you is a lickle bugger hehe

I was called “Wrecker” for a while at the laboratory because the piece of equipment I was using on my first day broke down and noone there knew how to repair it. Fortunately I did but didn’t have the tools needed so, one of the maintenance men and I worked on it together (he was insured to do the work, I wasn’t at the time) and fixed it in a couple of hours - and that included machining a new part.

In my young teens I played softball with the neighborhood kids, had a good arm and was tagged ‘Scorch’, Debbie Reynolds came to our town (her hubby, Harry Karl owned a shoe company in our town), signed autographs for us, and my pic reads To Scorch).
In my 30s I opened a hair salon, was tagged “Sarge” as the coworkers were younger than me and I was the go to person for advice.

My nickname stuck through school and at Uni too. It is simply my name
here…Keezoy. Not even sure how it started apart from it is simply a bastardisation of Keith.

I have worked in construction for most of my life, and for the last twenty years or so before retirement I ran my own business employing up to ten men so, over the years I have been called many things the majority of which I wouldn’t like to repeat here! In my youth and schooldays though I was known as Baz, which I liked but my mum hated…

Ar Primary school I was Bunny, at Grammar school and University I was Tabby - that one seems to have stuck.

My 2 older brothers used to call me Fly
Presumably because I was the youngest and smallest :017::102:

When I was at primary school, because of my pudding basin haircut, I got called Mo, after that guy in The Three Stooges. Thankfully that changed, along with a different haircut, at secondary school! ;-);-):wink:

Apparently when I was a littlekiddiwink, I was known as ‘me-do-it’. :smiley:

Our first home in New Zealand was in Brown’s Bay , north of Auckland and about a half hour bus trip to Takapuna where I went to my first school. The school bus picked us up every morning at about quarter past eight and we were packed in like sardines for the trip to Takapuna Grammar school. As a recent arrival to New Zealand, I still had some kind of ‘Pommy’ accent and I found that although most of the kids were friendly, one or two used to poke fun at me. This was usually in good fun and no malice was intended but on one occasion a fifth former , so about two years older than me, started to pull my hair. After a bit of ignore it started to hurt and I reached over my head with both hands and clamped onto his wrist. Without any plan, I stood up and turned around to face my attacker. This, of course, caused his arm to rotate and he let out a cry of pain and burst into tears, much to the enjoyment of his classmates who all laughed at him in his pain and clapped me on the back like the winner of a contest. It was all, of course, not planned but by chance I had dislocated his elbow, as we found out later. There were no repercussions although he had to go to hospital to get fixed. It was put down to an accident in the crowded back of the bus and no blame was attached. Which, in a way, was true as I had no plan of attack just hurting hair. I then became known as “Basher Bennett”.

One nick name I had was “Shrewdy”
This is what some of my peers thought of me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Were they being friendly or not so friendly? :grinning:

1 Like

Mostly friendly. Some did not like my smarts so they were a little nasty.
I brushed those ones aside. Gave them no heed. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like