Have You Ever Eaten Wagyu Beef/Beefburgers?

They were the classic feature of a Wimpy mixed grill, though

Never tried one of thise - just a burger with onions in a bun!

1 Like

Anyway, back to Wagyu and why are gentleman callers bringing Art gifts of expensive meats? Is there romance in the air? :rofl:

Yes I have heard of them and tried them and wagyu steaks. Very delicious.
I don’t receive expensive gifts of meat from gentlemen callers… Come to think of it, I don’t receive gentlemen callers! :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Is this all out of focus, or is it my eyes??
I can’t look at it. :hushed:

1 Like

. . . . . . error

My eyes, my eyes :crazy_face::eyes::eyes:

No, you’re OK, it is out of focus, cos it’s a screen shot of a 1960s Wimpy Bar menu :yum:

2 Likes

Perhaps because the florist was closed? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Stop it !
I’m salivating, not a pretty sight.

2 Likes

Hi

I have known Art for Years, trips out to meet others on the Web.

She is great fun, but like Rhian, well out of my league for anything romantic.

Still a great way to spend a day together however.

2 Likes

But did you offer burgers? It sounds as if it might do the trick! :hamburger::hamburger::hamburger::hamburger::hamburger::hamburger::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

I must be out of touch, Maree. Perhaps that is the new romantic gesture nowadays. :smiley:

2 Likes

When I first came to Australia in the 60s my only burger experience had been Wimpy which was basically a thin meat pattie in a bun. What a revelation the Aussie burger was - proper toasted roll, thick meat pattie made in store accompanied with lettuce, cheese, onion, beetroot(I wasn’t keen on that), pineapple, bacon, egg and more. Wimpy was pathetic in comparison

I never thought Maccas would catch on here because every milkbar and corner deli made much better burgers but I was totally wrong about that.

I can’t speak for Australia Bruce but when McDonald’s first arrived here midish 70’s it was the Americana type of experience that many found attractive, something a bit different.
It’s difficult to think of McDonald’s being novel and inspiring in 2020, quite the opposite.

To be fair McDonalds had absolutely no competition in the UK so it was easy for them to gain traction, burgers from Wimpy were as I described and not any competition, there were virtually no milkbars or burger joints. In Australia it was a completely different matter, I expected they would fail like Starbucks did here many decades later but I couldn’t have been more wrong, now every suburb has a Maccas.

I rarely go but if I do I always claim my free senior’s coffee, I prefer the Zinger burger from KFC but they don’t do coffee, sundaes or shakes

You wouldn’t believe it but while I was waiting for the 7pm TV News this popped into my YouTube home page. Seriously, I didn’t look for it, someone is spying on us!

The subject matter is too beefed up for me to digest so making no comment. :rofl:

1 Like

Was Vladimir Putin ever involved in the fast food revolution?
Check out the video at three minutes and twenty seconds.
It’s just that you mentioned spying.

Maree… Actually it was ‘Valentine’s Day blocking my drains’ friend! :laughing:
I was a bit miffed as he usually brings fillet steak and strawberries and extra thick cream!
When l saw he’d brought Beefburgers, my heart sank but when l found they were made from Wagyu beef, l was sort of cheered! :laughing:
The strawberries and extra thick cream were delish!!

1 Like

Oooooh, he’s still around then? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

But what happened to Jack the Lad? A girl can’t live on Waygu burgers and Dynorod alone ……… :rofl:

2 Likes