Have I Got News for You to return with a "special tribute" to Boris Johnson

He’s so arrogant he left himself wide open …

3 Likes

Having her on any programme would deter me from watching it at all - if I had a TV

1 Like

Sneak a peek online …it’ll be worth it

3 Likes

Seems a pity that can’t find an advocate for his defence to be on the panel. Or maybe that would be deemed a health risk, a bit like Monty Python’s killer joke concept.

Could it be that he has no defence?

2 Likes

Dorris or JRM might disagree.

1 Like

After a lifetime of swaggering and dissembling his way through one scandal after another on the strength of his prodigious political skills — a potent mix of charm, guile, ruthlessness, hubris, oratorical dexterity and rumpled Wodehousian bluster — Boris Johnson has finally reached the end. It seems that the laws of gravity apply to him after all.

It’s not that he ever fooled anyone about who he really was. Over the years, he has routinely been described as mendacious, irresponsible, reckless and lacking any coherent philosophy other than wanting to seize and hold on to power.

Mislead, omit, obfuscate, bluster, deny, deflect, attack, apologize while implying that he has done nothing wrong — the British prime minister’s blueprint for dealing with a crisis, his critics say, almost never begins, and rarely ends, with simply telling the truth. That approach worked for him for years — until finally it didn’t.

:grin:

1 Like

Hi

I would love JRM to be on the panel

1 Like

Swimmy, I’m worried about potential health issues that might occur if you watch this episode if HIGNFY.

Make sure you have your emergency suitcase packed and next to your sofa!!!

The BBC for balance, wash your mouth out.

2 Likes

Apologies. Momentary lapse!

2 Likes

Sounds like a cure for insomnia.

1 Like

Mog for the defence that dead eyed capitalist … hateful man

4 Likes

BoJo has provided so much ammunition, there’s enough for a season, never mind one programme.

1 Like

Bump. Reminder it’s on tonight 2nd Sept at 9.30

2 Likes

I found it disappointing - too much Jack’n’Ian … :-1:

1 Like

Maybe the bit more version will prove better?

1 Like

No Bit More yet … perhaps the full recording really was less than impressive … :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Have I Got News for You last night was remarkably boring - the only report that interested the panel was the one concerning anal beads, cheating and chess … :yawning_face:

1 Like

Agreed. Quite liked the early clip of the sofa being thrown out through the window though.

1 Like