Handypersons , information about cleaning guttering please

Hi Kazz :slight_smile: I donā€™t know the people who had theirs done recently, they are even older than me and I wouldnā€™t like to intrude on them particularly during lockdown.

I would not ask my neighbour to ā€˜go halvesā€™ :lol: she might get her son to do it and that would be a disaster. I have found to my cost getting neighbours involved with anything usually has bad consequences.

Thanks Bazza :slight_smile: I have replied to your PM

Hi LD :slight_smile: that sound a good way to do things , no need for 2 paid visits .

Hi Harbal :slight_smile: I could do that but donā€™t fancy a cold prison cell with no dog.

Good luck then Meg, think I am lucky with my neighbours or maybe they are lucky with me.:lol:

Thanks Kazz:-) a chap called Simon came to look at the gutter this morning. I liked him and am waiting for a quote.

Not Simon Le Bon? :shock:

LD :slight_smile: it didnā€™t give his surname on the website,
ā€¦ and he did have a diamond ear stud, so I guess it could be :smiley:

Interesting to know how much he quotes you,Meg.:slight_smile:

Unfortunately,my neighbour neglects the upkeep of the outside of her house, I honestly donā€™t understand it, because it could cost her more in the long runā€¦

Hi Pauline :slight_smile: I think there is a standard price depending where you live and the size of your house , you can Google it.
I am expecting Ā£120 - Ā£140 for doing the lot and replacing 2 seals .

Thatā€™s interesting, at least you will get it out of the way before the summer arrives, which is fast approaching,:-)ā€¦I think itā€™s great keeping everything in order, good luck with it Meg.

How long are you prepared to let him sit there, and how many cups of tea, before he tells you what the price is?:lol:

Soon be sorted and a gut instinct is always reliable I find.

Plus, where can you find two seals at this time if year? :lol:

All done and I am happy with the result :slight_smile: and the cost, Ā£65 a bargain considering the first chap wanted to charge Ā£70 just to unblock the gutters and another Ā£70 to come back and clean the facia.

Two joint brackets are broken, leak and need replacing and Simon took the number of the part for me so I can contact the original fitters to try to get the part . The gutter is Ā£25 years old and really needs replacing but I have bought some time until life gets going again.

Great job Meg and a good price imo. It would take a whole lot more than that to get ME up a ladder thatā€™s for sure. :lol:

Glad youā€™ve got it done at last Meg, a very reasonable price too :023:

Sounds a good bloke, glad youā€™ve got it sorted. :slight_smile:

Glad its sorted Meg

Thanks everyone :slight_smile: and how lovely it was last night not to have Niagara falls outside my bedroom window when it rained hard ā€¦

Looks as if my neighbour has the same problem now asz he came around to see if I would clear it for him. bit too cold or wet atg gthe moment but when it warms up a bit my Skyvac should sort the problem out.
this is the one I have and saved me a fortune in not having to get tradesmen in to do gutter cleaning