Grief and how the law deals with it

A hefty fine just another negative, which could be the tipping point and potential for another tragedy. Community restitution may be the cost of repairing the damage to car, hope he can turn his life around.

1 Like

However badly someoneā€™s screwed up, they deserve a little compassion when tragedy and misery likes this strike them down

I think it right this came to trial and he was punished, to draw the line under what is acceptable and what isnā€™t

I also think he should have to pay for the damage to the car, no reason why the owner or the insurance company should have to cover it

But as to punishment for the deed itself, I genuinely think what heā€™s suffered is punishment enough. Really, what could you do to him that could hurt more?

Maybe refer him for counselling or help?

1 Like

The victim here was the poor six year old who was taken from her bed in the middle of the night and subjected to an attack which caused ā€˜ catastrophicā€™ injuries .
Have no sympathy for anyone else .
If he hadnā€™t been trading in drugs the murderer would not have been in his parents house where the child was sleeping .

3 Likes

Yes, thereā€™s no doubt that the poor little girl stood no chance, cursed to be born among these amoral people and their weird, chaotic lifestyle, she paid the price. A tragedy

But the appropriate punishment for being a drug dealer isnā€™t having your daughter raped and murdered by a psycho

He has to be hurting and I think he does deserve some compassion, however wicked heā€™s been. Some wounds never heal

2 Likes

The other person who deserves our sympathy is her mother, of course. Sheā€™s not expressing her grief by smashing up cars, is she?

It must be every separated parentā€™s nightmare to send their child in an access visit to the other parent and something happen to them. Did she know he was a drug dealer and fear for her daughter every time she sent her, I wonder?

2 Likes

Tend to agree, but with the caveat that maybe she might have grown up to break the mould. Sadly, sheā€™s had the chance taken from her.

3 Likes