Got a favourite instrumental?

4 Likes
1 Like

I had this on a 45rpm. Great tune!

1 Like

I was hoping that our piano lady would have known this one for our wedding day, sadly, she didn’t Bummer! It’s so calming before the first step up that aisle while fidgeting in the wings. Lol!

1 Like

Apache - The Shadows

1 Like

I choose this one for when I am in a contemplative solemn mood alone and reflecting on that dreadful Holocaust as it was used as the gentle theme for the much researched TV programme. Being a Jew, it is very significant to me and all those who have gone before me :cry:
Arvo Pärt - Spiegel im Spiegel for Cello and Piano

2 Likes

A nice soothing instrumental LD. I like the deep sound of a Cello and that one reminded be of another gentle piece of Cello music. ‘The Swan’ from ‘Carnival of the Animals’ (Saint-Saëns). A favourite from early teenage…

2 Likes

Yes, that too is beautiful and I think the harp makes a fine supportive instrument :+1:

Here is a beautiful piece my wife used to play in her fitter days while I accompanied her on the piano.
Jules Massenet - Meditation from Thais for Violin and Piano

2 Likes

Being a multi instrumentalist, I eventually got to grips with and mastered the Sita, so this violin piece from Lakshminarayana Shankar, an Indian Violinist and Singer from Madras, really excites me.

2 Likes

Here’s where I lower the tone. No pun intended. Going Home from Dire Straits. The short sharp Sax solo is just great.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Nothing lowering about Dire Straits EZ. I think the guitar riff in ‘Money for Nothing’ is up there with the best.

Both pieces good to listen to LD. Good to be able to play instruments. My Dad used to play the violin and banjo mandolin, sister the piano. Me the guitar, clarinet and saxophone. None of us were brilliant but had some good family fun at Christmas times. Mother was a professionally trained contralto. Her ‘Ave Maria’ was something to be heard. Brother played harmonica in a Skiffle Group.

I have quite a large collection of classical music …but at the other end of the scale, also lots of heavy metal and modern music. I often think that below all the hard-man and rebel image some bands present, they are basically talented and very clever musicians.

This is what made me buy a clarinet…

4 Likes

If you are into saxophones and goose bumps, then this written and performed by the late great Barbara Thompson should hit the spot.
RIP Barb, no more AF for you hun.

4 Likes

The hero’s retirement from the world.

3 Likes

These talented girls went on to be lifelong performers.

2 Likes

Although I can no longer play the Highland Pipes, they still stir my blood and remind me of when I was able to play them; it must be the MacInesker in me from way back, before my forefathers move south to London.
My Home used to me a favourite play for me :point_down:

2 Likes
3 Likes