This is a much cooler day today than yesterday, only struggled into the very low 20s and overcast. There was less than 1mm rain last night.
I had a parcel arrive this morning a Black and Decker small vacuum. It’s on charge at the moment so I don’t know how good it is but it had reasonable reviews.
Don’t have much to tell you this morning have got nothing special to do so I expect I will be doing a bit of reading except perhaps not out in the garden. Might even make a trip to Bunnings later though it is not urgent and can wait, we shall see.
A grey, cloudy and dizzily day here on the south coast.
Today is officially the start of the Christmas madness - at least in our house. My wife wants to start going to garden nurseries and shops to look at Christmas decorations - as if we don’t have enough already. In fact I’d say a large proportion of our attic space is filled with boxes of them and it takes days to put them all up. She already has several days pencilled in in later November to put them all up - which is unusually early because we are off to Vegas for a week in December and doesn’t want to do it when we get back.
Personally I wouldn’t be bothered about it all - just a handful of decs and a small tree is enough for me as it’s all too much to be bothered with - especially at my time of life.
Sorry Bruce, not very interesting here either i’m afraid.
Hospital appointment today, which means a 50 mile (approx) journey there and back - hope there are no hold-ups along the way as i hate being late for appointments.
Wet weather slows everything down a bit, so we will leave plenty of time for the drive up there - sometimes we arrive far too early, which means a nice relaxing coffee at the hospital which is a bonus.
Mild here in the west midlands this morning, even though very wet, but it’s kind of nice to see the rain for a change.
Graham, i have already started thinking about Christmas decorations, and won’t need to buy new ones as i have boxes in the loft full of them!
This should keep me busy (and quiet) for a while…
When I was staying with my brother I recall he used to travel from Macclesfield to Manchester to the hospital which seemed a long way to me. I presumed the hospitals specialised in different illnesses.
We have two hospitals in out town, Bruce - one is a small fairly old hospital you would expect to see in many market towns, and a brand new hospital (out patients only) specialising in Opthalmology and some forms of cancer.
The hospital i’m under is a very large university hospital in the city, and is one of the leading hospitals in the region.
Morning all it’s a dull start to the day here .
Still I’m off to WI this afternoon tea duty that should be fun apart from my teatime challenge nowt to report.