Good Morning Wednesday, 27th March 2024

Took a plastic bag with me on my walk this morning to pick up all the Macca’s/KFC rubbish thrown onto the side of the footpath and verges. It is just something I do occasionally while I walk, today was not too bad, just filled one old supermarket bag which I dumped in a council bin.

The rubbish seems to be mostly in specific areas which I assume coincide with where kids walking home finish their burger, drink and chips. Generally speaking Australia is a pretty tidy place.

Finally got out the whippersnipper and did the footpath edges.

It is a bit grey today, though the sun peeps through occasionally it is only about 23° and probably won’t get much warmer. There is some rain predicted for tonight.

Not much else planned for today other than gardening tidy jobs and getting ready for bin day tomorrow.

Have a more exciting day than me.

Take care

1 Like

good morning, bit of a mixed weather for the day, but will still start with walkies, then cake and coffee in the garden room when i start to think of potterings i can do, other than that a good faff

Good morning Bruce!
A day dedicated to spring cleaning for me, in anticipation of when or if spring finally arrives. Yes, you’ve guessed it, heavy rain forecast…just for a change! :wink:

Have a good day forum people! :+1:

Early morning for the little wee dog. Not a lot of people around - rain expected fairly soon…

Morning all - started out sunny but then the rain and wind arrived (oh what a surprise!). Had to ring my neighbour opposite as the wind had blown his recycling bins into the road and half his rubbish was on my drive!! Poor man had to come out, wearing his dressing gown (I may need therapy after that) to collect everything!

As I said before Bruce you are very civic minded - I usually have to pick up litter most days. Unfortunately there are not many bins around so I have to bring it home and put it in my wheelie bin, fortunately I don’t generate much non-recyclable waste myself.

Take care - hope everyone has a lovely day

Morning all

At work later this afternoon as most in the UK seems a bright morning so much so my neighbour has decided to pop the towels on the line - now heavy rain. Opps

Rubbish and recycing collected, so all good like a few of you I do litter picking when out and about and actually as a none joiner surprised myself pre covid into now being a memebr of two litter picking groups, and from that has sprung the community guerrilla gardening and then the community allotment. Little things LOL

Hope everyone has a lovely day whatever they are doing.