Good Morning Wednesday 25/05/2022

Just recovering from a severe bout of bronchitis-type coughing. Had it since Saturday and as well as the constant coughing all hours of the day and night has given me pain in the ribs and made me lose sleep, so I’m worn out.

Oh well, munt complain tha knows.

Good morning all :smiley: a showery day.

A lot of goings on here, last night there was a knock at the door from a police officer asking if we had heard anything as there had been an ‘incident’ in our road. We hadn’t heard a thing. This morning we had the news there had been a brawl in one of the houses, several people involved and one person had been murdered and several injured and in hospital. :astonished: Our road and surrounding roads are closed and there are several police cars around. It shook us up having that happen just houses away from us. :worried:

1 Like

Thank you for good thoughts for my friend. I’m not going this afternoon. Shes in a lot of pain and exhausted and still waiting for the scan to see if clot! Apparently going for scan this afternoon.

If I visit it will take it out of her and she needs to rest. . I told her to let me know when she feels up to visitors.

You get well our Judd can’t do wi’ worrying abart thee anorl tha nos. Queenie hugs .

1 Like

LQ, sorry to hear about your friend’s ill health. Hope she heals well.

Wow Mags. :107: Scary stuff. Calming thoughts to you.

Morning to all.

Just got done watering. Now it’s time for eating. After that, relaxing.

Have a wonder-filled day everyone.

Oh mags sorry I overlooked your post. That’s awful and unsettling . Big hugs for you too xxxx

Please share that one, Swimmy, I love radishes but have never thought of using the tops.

Good morning all.
Grey and cloudy with quite a chilly wind blowing today.

Had to go for a quick ultra sound this morning on my throat/neck. ENT thoght he felt a lump.
She couldn’t see anything amiss though, so that was a relief.

Poor Judd, perhaps it’s Man Flu. It must have been him coughing and spluttering that carried on the breeze and kept waking my Liffey up last night. Get well soon, Judsy. :wink:

Mags, that’s a bit too close for comfort. Scary stuff ey. Wonder what that was all about?
Glad you and Mr. Mags are safe anyway.

Sounds good to me, Zuludog, hope you feel well enough tomorrow.

@Mags - Good grief, Mags, that sounds dreadful - what a shock for you!

@LionQueen - Sorry to hear about your friend, Queenie, sending healing thoughts.

@Mups - Glad to hear your scan went well.

@Judd - Hope you feel better very soon.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ to all of you! }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I’ve decided to have my hernia repaired at a private hospital (because of the stupidly long NHS waiting lists) but I have to see my GP first for a letter of recommendation. I phoned the surgery this morning at 10:30 and I have an appointment to see one of the GP’s in 30mins. Wow! I wonder if I’d asked for an ordinary appointment I’d have got one so quickly or if I’d have had to wait a couple of days?

1 Like

Police are still in the road, we have had visits from them assuring us we will be safe.
It appears a large group of men had gathered and had an almighty fight at the bottom of the road. None of the men were from the Bristol area. They have arrested 5, 6 are in hospital not serious,and one was killed.
We have had our gardens searched and our refuse bins searched this afternoon.

I’ll be glad when the day is over!

2 Likes

Such an unpleasant and worrying time for you, Mags. Have a big hug to share with Mr Mags.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ Mags and Mr Mags }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

1 Like

Thanks Tabby, much appreciated. x

1 Like

@Mags. Crikey!!!
@Judd, get well soon
@zuludog , enjoy your time away and hope you feel well enough to enjoy it.
@Barry thanks. I had a fabulous time. I wondered whether to bother with crab for myself but opted for a roast pork baguette with apple and stuffing, for lunch. With ‘booter’ (love the Norfolk way of saying ‘butter’)

I then caught the bus to Sheringham, had a lovely wander about there, then into Morrisons for a cuppa. Had an hour to kill before the train back. Oh, and I was able to select a free sliced loaf, one of a bundle of stuff left with a note to help yourself, in the town, outside a restaurant. Had cheese on toast when I got home.

Fare Lowestoft - Cromer day return just £14.90, which I thought was reasonable. And used my bus pass to Sheringham and back. Beat driving!

1 Like

@Jazzi

Sounds like a good day out, Jazzi, was trying to give you a ‘like’ but - apparently - I have given 54 ‘likes’ today already and according to the ‘like’ gestapo that is my limit for now!

1 Like

Aww, thanks Tabby.

1 Like

You can take one of mine back, ST. I’ll treasure it in my memory without the heart. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks like the gestapo have relented! I can throw a few more about now.

1 Like

Trivia: just because I was curious, I went looking around for the limits. You should have 100 likes a day based on the chart I found.

1 Like