Good Morning Tuesday 5th September 2023

Sorry, couldn’t wait until the evening good morning thread. :wink:

Just connected up the camper and will set off this morning at about 9.30am for Cootamundra.

Will meet up with my youngest around Mildura and my daughter at Coober Pedy on our way to Uluru. I have been before but they haven’t so it should be interesting. Afterward a visit to Kings Canyon (where I have not been before) then we go our separate ways (they have to get back to work, I do not, so am meandering home via Queensland

Its about 7000km all up or approximately 700 litres of diesel - at over $2 a litre you can work out the cost :frowning:

5 Likes

Enjoy your time away .

Hi

An amazing trip, enjoy it.
The setup looks great.

Safe travels, @Bruce ! Sounds like a wonderful adventure

I’m so jealous…have a great time @Bruce !

Morning everyone

Meeting pals for coffee later…other than that nothing planned …wish I could say I was doing something exciting like Bruce

Have a great day everyone

enjoy your trip Bruce, boring day here, gardener in clipping all the hedges and i’m the brewer upperer

Hi

Good Morning All from a very misty Shrewsbury.

I was out for a meal yesterday evening, first time in over 2 years.

Really enjoyed it, but shocked by the prices.

More work being done in the garden today, so will be out supervising.

Have a good day all.

1 Like

Morning all.

Me too Swimmy. Took my sister to the Harvester and though she had a voucher for 40% off the mains, we treated ourselves to desserts, and I was surprised at the bill. Shouldn’t have been, I suppose. Nothing is cheap, nowadays.

I’m starting a cold. Least I hope it’s just that. Might take a Covid test later. Yesterday I wondered why I was so tired all day, and kept lying down on the sofa, then by the evening other symptoms started, a sore throat, headache and runny nose.

Still have our cafe meet this morning, which I will get to, see how long I can last. I can always go back to bed later, once Holly has been on comfort breaks.

1 Like

Good morning all

Jazzi hope you’re feeling better soon .

Wish I was out to lunch , instead I’m off to the dentist after a toffee yanked out a filling :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Enjoy your day xxx

Thanks. Tested negative for Covid, thankfully.

2 Likes

Good morning all
@Ripple Hope all goes well ,dont forget to ask for the Toffee back , you not finished it yet :rofl:
Hope you feel better soon @Jazzi .

it was Hot yesterday and today looks like another scorcher , bin men were here at 7.30am
I dont do much when its hot , my energy levels dive .

Wish our bin men came early, so I don’t keep getting next door’s bin outside my house. I just grab and move it, towards theirs. They really are an obnoxious couple, because they do it, no matter how many times it gets moved.

1 Like

Morning all!

As expected, my neighbor played his pounding “music”. He played it just loud enough to be annoying but not loud enough to report. My new headphones helped. The holiday is over. Yay!

Then I was catching up on sleep. The weather was nice over the weekend. Nice sleeping weather.

Have a good day everyone.

My absence yesterday was caused by a day that would have been more suitable in the ‘F’ thread!
After turning up at 10:55am for a 11:00am appointment, and having to drive half way around Yorkshire because they closed the road from my village to the surgery, I was finally seen by the doctor at 11:55am…an hour late…Him not me…
:angry:
Doctor Olu spent more time tapping away on the computer, a blow by blow account of the last ten years of my life, instead of talking to me! And decided the best course of action was to send me to the A&E at our local hospital for a second opinion…I’m convinced he doesn’t know his arse from his elbow…He should have been a novelist instead of a doctor…

Anyway, after the compulsory eight and a half hour shift down at A&E I ended up with medication that my old doctor could have sorted out in half an hour at the surgery…
I’m off to the pharmacy now to pick up the prescription.

Safe Journey Bruce, that drive looks brilliant! You lucky bugger…
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I’m never looking at a toffee again :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Nice photo Eliza

1 Like

What a pain, Foxy…:frowning:
We gat our medications directly thus avoiding the need for the doctors surgery. We get it by mail with our lovely postie, very polite she is too !

1 Like

What could possibly be worse than having your tooth filled which I’ve just suffered

Answer …Your fridge freezer breaks down when it’s 25c , & It’s one month out of guarantee :astonished:

1 Like

Oh no , these things come in 3s, what next ?

1 Like

Oh heck!

1 Like

Wow that’s some drive :astonished:
I hope you have a satellite phone with you, I’m pretty sure you won’t have a phone signal out there. :confused: