Good Morning Tuesday 26th December 2023

Morning all!

My neighbor was outside screaming at 12:20 am Christmas morning. Then a bunch of talking out in the yard for the next 20 minutes.

Luckily it’s been overcast the whole Christmas weekend along with nearby sirens.

I was hoping to get a task done by the end of the week/year. It’s looking less likely by the day. We’ll see.

Today’s plans are in limbo.

Have a good day everyone.

Hi

Good Morning All.

There is a lot of illness here, so now on my own for a few days.

I am lucky, I have enough money to be able to both heat and eat and be one here, a very supportive site.

Many do not have these advantages.

A lot of noise yesterday afternoon, teenagers zooming up and down on illegal off road bikes, Christmas Presents, no doubt even more today.

A stay in day today, plenty to do on the computer.

My Christmas present to myself is expected tomorrow, a fold up electric bike.

Have a great day all, you all deserve it.

1 Like

Morning all.

Looking forward to doing my own Christmas dinner today, with chocolate and orange trifle.

Morning all,

Enjoying the more laid back feeling of boxing day.
We’ll be going for bacon baguette for breakfast, cheese board and nibbles for lunch and gammon joint for dinner .

Have a mellow day people :v:

1 Like

Have a really nice day today Swimfeeders and I you will have to let me know how you rate your bike my brother in law is thinking of getting an electric one.

To everyone have a great day it looks like the weather is going to be mild and as per my want I will add more washing to my line, to blow on such a nice day.

Not up to much a midday walk I think some friends are boung to be pottering around a proper orgainsed one with a group I belong to tomorrow but as I am at work in the mornng I will be rush rush rush but worth it me thinks to vlow the cobwebs away.

Good morning!
Bright & sunny, a change from the past few days

The place is tidy and I have food in, so I think I’ll make a start on my New Year’s Resolution, which is to finish a couple of part made knives, and to finish reading two or three half read books that I’ve had hanging around for months, before I start anything else

But as the weather is nice I might just do my other Resolution, which is to get more exercise and get out & about more

1 Like

Good Morning From Foxy’s Festive World… :champagne:
Mrs Fox’s walking partner was unavailable this morning so she decided to come with me…A good walk albeit a bit slow…As the moon disappeared in a cloudless western sky, the sun was rising in the eastern sky. Don’t usually have time to gorp around, but it was a grand sight and I wish I’d brought my camera.
Chicken, Chips, and Beans, with a good splodge of pickles on the side is on the menu today. Nice to have some proper nosh after all the rich foods yesterday.
I hope everyone got what they deserved off Santa…I got the usual toiletries and chocolates, people must think I smell and need to eat more carbs…

Billy Bunter

1 Like

Afternoon all. My missus has just gone to visit the two ladies at the end of our street to give them some of the cake she made. It’s a social visit too - one of the ladies is housebound so we and a couple of other neighbours keep an eye on her. We are lucky to have a lovely neighbourhood.

3 Likes

Hi Kazz.

Bike arrived yesterday.

It is mostly ready built, only things to sort are the handle bars and pedals and the tyres inflated.

I had it built this morning by a local teenager who is bike mad, who took it out to make sure things were all working.

He was gone an hour, not the 20 minutes he said, had a great time.

I am not well, so needed a step through which is very easy to get going, it only took a half turn of the pedals to kick in.

It has 3 speeds for the motor and apparently goes very well, i.e fast,

It was still 75% charged after 6 miles.

Whilst it is well equipped, you do need some extras.

A pump, lock and a pair of rear view mirrors.

I have also bought a lockable carry box for the shopping.

I am very pleased with it and it was on sale on Argos, £303 delivered, about half price.

1 Like

@Swimfeeders that sounds brilliant roll on the not so windy wet weather then you will not be seen for dust and opens up your ability to be self sufficent going out thwn you like.

1 Like