Good Morning Tuesday, 23rd April 2024

Good morning all who follow here…

I thought you might like to see the bark of the butchered Melaleuca and why it is also called a paper bark tree, it peels off just like a sheet of paper. No idea what the evolutionary purpose of that is.

Walked as usual this morning, nothing very exciting but another lovely morning with blue skies from horizon to horizon, though ANZAC Day on Thursday is supposed to be cold with a cool southerly predicted.

Doctor’s appointment late this morning for my medical to retain my driving licence, I already have the Optometrist’s report so I am hoping it is just a formality. I keep meaning to give up my truck licence so the criteria is less stringent but am always surprised by another year passing and I haven’t done anything. Doh!

Last night spent a bit of time planning a winter holiday trip but whether it actually happens I don’t know yet.

Anyway that is my morning news, hope your day is going well, take care

5 Likes

↑ ↑ The Indians here built canoes from the bark of Birch.
Hello next day, it’s around 7 PM here the 22 of April. … :joy:

1 Like

Hi, got my sutures out today! Now I get to wait 4 months for step 2 :). Feel so much better minus sutures that it almost won’t matter how step 2 goes.

I’m watching Scrub reruns. I have a feeling everything is going to end up well.

Happy Tues!

1 Like

good morn all my kind of party

2 Likes

Good morning! have a super good day!

1 Like

Morning all – another dull grey day, temperatures forecast to reach the dizzy heights of 10c – are you trying to make me jealous with those pictures of blue skies Bruce?

Had an enjoyable lunch yesterday with my sister-in-law. Neighbour called in later in the afternoon with “thank you” gifts for looking after the beast – flowers, chocolates and wine (I am sure she wants to turn me into a fat alcoholic!) :wine_glass: She also gave me a coffee mug with a picture of a cat on it - love it! Told her about my concerns about the beast – she is taking her to the vet later this week to get her vaccinations and will mention it to them.

I was planning to investigate the bus service into the city today but my foot is hurting so badly that I think I will give it a miss. Still have no idea what I have done to it – neighbour did suggest it could be gout!! I looked up the treatment for gout and two are to drink plenty of water and coffee – something I do in any event!

Take care - have a great day

1 Like

Morning all!
A brighter day than yesterday - so far no rain, although there are one or two dodgy looking clouds up there.

Today not only is it St. Georges Day, but also celebrations will be taking place here in honour of William Shakespeare, who was born on this day (or close to this date) 460 years ago.

Lots of other things that need attending to today, so best get my skates on, roll up my sleeves, and get cracking.

Have a good day everyone.

Lovely photos Bruce!

1 Like