Good Morning Thursday, 8th October 2026

Good morning to you all.

Seniors meeting this morning so have just finished writing the minutes.

An anniversary worth celebrating. It is 60 years ago today that I first discovered Australia.

Since then the country has more than doubled in size, I am not saying that this was entirely due to me but it probably was :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Enjoy your Thursday.

Take care.

6 Likes

Yep, almost certainly down to you. Without you, it would have tripled in size. :grimacing:

But, joking apart, happy anniversary.

4 Likes

Good morning!
Clear, dry, sunny

General tidying this morning, then I have an optician’s appointment in town at midday
Nothing else planned

5 Likes

Morning one and all…

A distinct drop in temperature today, yet its bright and sunny out here in deepest Hampshire.

Just come back from my daily walk and about to go for my morning coffee and maybe a sausage sandwich or bacon bap. Later I’ll be taking the wife to the gym, pick up some stuff I ordered online, pick up wife again and see what happens after. I need to cut my lawn, but its wet through at the moment and I need it to dry out a bit first and put down some weedkiller and grass seed afterwards. Beyond all that, not much I can add about today.

Enjoy your day…

:sandwich: :coffee: :grin:

4 Likes

Morning all

A definite chill in the air, may be time to start putting the summer dresses away….

Coffee with a friend this morning and a bit of shopping on the way
home

My niece discovered Australia about 10 years ago Bruce, arriving there on a 5 year contract with her husbands job, I knew she’d never go back to the UK, she loves it out there and her family have a wonderful life

Have a good day

3 Likes

Morning everyone

There’s a definite chill in the air this morning, which means winter is just round the corner.
We still have a beautiful blue sky here in Warwickshire today, so that’s a bonus - may it continue.

Not quite cold enough for full central heating yet, but i did try out the system yesterday, just to make sure it’s all working before the really cold weather sets in.

It’s spider season at the moment - i had to evict a couple of very large spiders last night from the bathroom. One was reclining on the toilet seat, and the other was in the bath, so i leapt into action, scooped them up on my long handled fly swat, and relocated them to the garden!
I’m certain there are more, as i’ve seen them scuttle across the carpet in the front room - oh well!

Off to town this evening for a regular catch up with a special friend.

Hope you all have a very pleasant day.

4 Likes

Afternoon all
Brrrr definitely Autumn has arrived , just 16c here on the UKs tropical south .
Today l popped to Gunwharf a designer shopping outlet , where M&S has just reopened after a total refurb , still boring with lots of acrylic and faux leather (plastic) .
Of course I had to go into Lindt , I had too.
Lindt 85% dark chocolate is totally mmm.

Keep warm xxx

3 Likes

Well done, that man !Of interest, where did you live before you went to Australia ?

1 Like