Good Morning Thursday 5th October 2023

Morning all!

I got another piece of my stressful task done yesterday. Then I took a break.

The weather was quite beautiful. It had gotten cold but warmed up for the last couple days.

I haven’t decided if I’ll take a longer break or if I’m back at the task today. I’ll have to see how I feel.

Have a good day everyone.

Hi

A wet day forecast.

I am being taken out today, a trip to the new , much bigger Aldi.

I have a different range if ingredients to buy for some new recipes,

Have a good day all.

Hi good morning . Still in bed :wink:
Weather forecast for the tropical south sun 18-19c
I’m visiting a deer park today, with a excellent cafe so it’s another no cooking day for me .

Take care xxx

Good morning everyone,

It’s a beautiful warm spring day here.

It is almost 8am and it’s already 20 degrees Celsius with a high of 30 degrees Celsius.

I’m off to my daily grind! Working from home today!

Enjoy your day all.

2 Likes

Good morning all, grey skies here at the moment, only 13c.

Popping into Town this morning.

Have a nice day all.

Good morning all
A grey damp day , Ive a food delivery today and Son and his OH coming for dinner this evening .Chicken Pie, Mash and Veg , all coming out the Freezer …

Im giving up on the Roofer who is stringing me along and will get his bad work repaired by someone else ,
I refuse to let him wind me up and take up my thoughts on the matter .I believe in Karma ,

I think I would like to move somewhere else , Ive never felt at home here . But how much does it cost now days to sell and buy a property , Do I need Thousands ? how many thousands .

I think I need to blow the cobwebs off me so will venture a walk after the shops been .

Have a good day everyone .

1 Like

Hi Eliza

I also believe in Karma, especially when I am the one delivering it.

2 Likes

A bit late again from Foxy’s Gaff…
:clock12:
Although I was up and showered early I’ve been giving the forum some hammer while having a long drawn out breakfast. Not being able to go out walking or biking means I can spend more time on the forum…You lucky people…
:sunglasses:
I can still manage to squirrel away to the workshop, listen to some radio hams on the scanner and potter about. It’s a pain not having a motor, it’s like lockdown all over again. So it’s a sandwich or soup at home…It does save me some brass though…
:blush:

And even later here from the Scotsman!
And just a wee bit showery but tolerable…

But Karma can be soooo slooow , Swimmy, so well done if you speed it up a bit! :rofl:

1 Like

Eliza, you are talking about at least £8,000 to move.
Estate Fees for buying and Selling.
Solicitors Fees.
Surveyors Fees.
Removal fees.

We bought 3 large snails for our fish tank a week ago, bloody things they have shredded my plants.

Thanks @susiejaeger thats good to know, something to think about .

Hi Eliza
I wonder where you are considering to move?
FWIW we moved about four weeks ago. We previously moved in Hertfordshire (for work) but we then moved to Yorkshire. It’s a bigger house and quite a lot less expensive. It’s also quite closer to our children. Any help?

@Besoeker
I like East Yorkshire on the coast Bridlington , Hornsea , also Norfolk . I know i could get a property more in my price range further North i go , but dont think i can do the hills any more .
And with my Son living just 4 miles away its handy knowing hes on hand , so I keep looking for somewhere in his village ,

Understood. Yorkshire was the choice for me after we moved from Dunstable. I’m glad your son lives close to you. My son still lives in London. And my wife’s family are in South Georgia. A wide spread family for us !!

1 Like

Afternoon all

Been to work a terrible day but equally a reasonable outcome a chap approached myself and a colleague and simply clutched his chest and collapsed forward I caught him stopped him hitting his head on the desk. He was having we believed a heart attack,oset of pain in left arm. then back and chest like someone standing on it. Waited 40 minutes for the ambulance although did SPEAK TO THEM ON THE PHONE THROUGHTOUT and they did say at first “try to get him to AE yourselves” “DO WHAT” did not have to apply the store defib or anything else . He was taken away by ambulance no news on his condition luckily a nurse was in store and came to assist but we did not need to do anymore than keep him calm few shaky minutes where he loosed my hand and also lips went blue and he seemed to loose conciousness none responsive but breathing, also rethcing. But he left alive in the ambulance Thank God, the chap was in his early 40’s.

Shows you never know.

In fact still shaky myself I think but he has by clutching my hand I think maybe broken my thumb at the base or wrist see how it is tomorrow

2 Likes

Kazz, hope he is ok. Well done for helping, but hope your hand is ok.

I did start a post earlier but it wouldn’t upload, for some reason.

More work on the allotment this morning, wanted to hoover this afternoon but my sister turned up and then I couldn’t be bothered.

Thinking about fees payable when moving is why I won’t bother any more.

Kazz, that sounds like a very stressful experience for you. I hope you’re OK. Please take care of you. It’s good that there are people taking care of your colleague.

Thanks both @butterscotch the chap was a customer in the store where I work not a colleague we were just there ,

1 Like