Good Morning Thursday 2nd May 2024

Good morning everybody who ventures here…

Today I am in a different state, no not an astral projection just South Australia after a very short sojourn in Victoria (it’s the way the road goes). Today I drove about 470km.of really easy driving

Just before the Quarantine check point at Yamba I discarded a couple of potatoes and an onion in the bin provided only to be told at the check that I could have kept the onion. Oh well!

I am staying beside Lake Bonney (I think that’s what it is called, seems a popular holiday place, quite picturesque and probably if you are a fishing or boating person a nice place to stay.

BTW South Australia time is half an hour behind NSW time. I watched my sat nav and sure enough as I passed the, “You are entering South Australia” sign the time and arrival time flicked back half an hour

So what are your plans for the day? I would imagine the weather is warming up in northern parts by now.

7 Likes

Good morning!

Most excellent pictures Bruce, are those birds in the 1st picture or people rowing?
I am most excited to get through tomorrow commute.

Have a great day all!

2 Likes

Good morning all, Lake Bonney looks very pleasant indeed Bruce, I could do with a spot of fishing right now although I’ll have to consider somewhere a tad closer to home.
The weather here certainly is warming up although we’re still deprived of that much anticipated sunshine here in West Sussex.

I’m in quite a buoyant frame of mind today having completed all the online stuff for my job application and fingers crossed just waiting for a date for induction :+1:

Just going to be pottering around , in the mood for some cooking so let’s just see what I can incinerate in the kitchen later! :wink:

Have a good day people! :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

4 Likes

If anyone has sunshine going spare send it my way , just a pocketful will do. Please :wink:

It’s raining AGAIN .
Off to town later today for some retail therapy :joy:

Enjoy your day xx

3 Likes

We are up on the north yorkshire moors for the week and have had wall to wall sunshine , even put me shorts on, sorry you are not getting it xx

4 Likes

What a beautiful place Bruce. I’m along for the ride, and enjoying it. All that travel without the sickness. Suits me :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Morning all – heavy rain with thunder and lightning overnight with more forecast for today. :icon_sad: I am currently expecting the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse to show up!

I love the pictures Bruce - looks so natural and unspoiled

Had a lovely surprise this morning, my brother rang and we spent 40 minutes catching up and insulting each other - as his sister I look upon it as my job to insult him, as my big brother he thinks it is his job to “keep me in my place”! He took great delight telling me the temperature is over 20c in Australia (top temperature here today is forecast to be around 12c). :cold_face:

It is a bank holiday in UK this weekend (hence the bad weather!) so as I wish to avoid the hordes stripping the supermarket shelves bare tomorrow and Saturday I will be dodging the heavy rain and going grocery shopping today.

Take care – hope everyone has a great day

3 Likes

Thanks for your delightful daily updates of your trip. A very interesting and enlightening read, it almost feels like watching an “on the road” movie.
Have fun and we look forward to the next episode :grinning:.

2 Likes

My post was for Bruce, of course :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Good Afternoon from Foxy’s world… :partly_sunny:
Sorry to hear that some of you have had rain…It’s cloudy and breezy here but mild and dry.
Rain has not been forecast for the rest of the day, which is quite unique just lately… :smile:
Went off for an early five miler through the wood with bluebells nestling under the trees and a very dry path. Traffic was horrendous on the A18 into Doncaster and it was a pleasure to turn off and onto the lane. Plenty of jogging this morning cos I felt good, and only narrowly missed a best time and the 7:34 to Hull while crossing the railway line… :open_mouth: I’m sure the driver could have stopped if needs be… :steam_locomotive:
Good luck with the job application Chilli, and some great photos Bruce.

3 Likes

They are people in kayaks or canoes, not sure what they are called these days - they are plastic and look unsinkable

1 Like

I will circle back on the unsinkable part. I’m 98% confident I can make a kayak sink. Will update you next time I make it out there.

1 Like

Didn’t they say that about the Titanic?.. :017:

1 Like

They did but they were wrong, there are no icebergs on Lake Bonney. These things look like they would most likely come to grief if they fell off a roof rack at 100kph not paddling about on a lake

1 Like